What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter cleaning ?  (Read 4706 times)

dirtrubber

• red on the head
Filter cleaning ?
« on: April 20, 2005, 11:07:47 pm »
When you do your monthly filter soaking can you save the cleaner and reuse it next month or is it best to start with fresh every time, My cleaner doesn’t look very dirty after one use has any one tried to reuse it?

Hot Tub Forum

Filter cleaning ?
« on: April 20, 2005, 11:07:47 pm »

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
Re: Filter cleaning ?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 11:31:57 pm »
Do you brush your teeth with yesterdays tooth paste?

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 12:11:04 am »
have you any idea what could grow and multiply before the nest use.  Properly dispose of it.

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 12:45:32 am »
Now I see how you got your handle:-)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 08:59:27 am »
Do you brush your teeth with yesterdays tooth paste?

Yuck!!!  Just the thought of that grosses me out!
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 09:33:16 am »
One of the local spa dealers in my area offers free filter cleaning for their customers.  It wouldn't hurt to ask if your dealer offers this service.  Nice service, saves me the cost of filter cleaners, and they do a good job.
Brewman
Brewman

nicker

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 10:31:12 am »
Are you sure you can not reuse the cleaner?  I was told that you could use it three times.  Well that is what I have been doing and so far no problems and my filters look very very good.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 10:55:00 am »
I was also told that you could retain cleaner for re use.  
I never did that, but I was told it was ok.  
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 04:21:52 pm »
I use the same filter cleaner for four months with the use of a filter flask.  I generally have one filter soaking while the other is in use.  At four months, I change my water, N2 cartridge, microclean filter and filter cleaner.  I swap out the pleated cartridge monthly.

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 05:35:44 pm »
Thanks for everyone’s reply seams like we are split on this, but best to through out the old and start with new each time, my filters are new and get very light use never seam very dirty, I will check with my dealer to see if they offer the cleaning service that would make it easy

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 07:38:59 pm »
One of the local spa dealers in my area offers free filter cleaning for their customers.  It wouldn't hurt to ask if your dealer offers this service.  Brewman

When you first mentioned it, I thought that was a great idea, definitely never heard of it before.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bigbender

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 01:42:29 pm »
I have another question about filter cleaning and if you don't mind, could someone share their cleaning methods with me...

I cleaned my filters last month for the first time and I used the cleaner that came with the tub - I believe it was Leisure Time's product.  I poured half of the 12 oz.? bottle in a six gallon bucket and filled it with water. The final solution was a reddish brown color. The first filter was soaked for 24 hours and when I pulled it out, the filter had turned reddish brown also. Hosing it off with water wouldn't clean it out so I ended up soaking it again in a mix of clorox and water. That made it look like new.

Is this a normal color for all cleaners ? If not, what cleaner and method do you use ?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 01:52:40 pm »
Before I let the local dealer clean them for me, I did as you are doing.  Mix the cleaner with water in a plastic bucket, plunk in the filter, soak overnight, rinse like crazy, and let drip dry.  I used Brilliance's filter cleaner, and I don't recall it was any certain color, clear is what is was.
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 03:22:45 pm »
NO.  I use LeisureTime's filter cleaner.  I add the whole bottle to four gallons of water.  It should have a clear, slightly sudsy look.  Your filter should come out clean, not colored after soaking for 24 hours.  After rinsing, your filter should be bright white.  As I've mentioned before, I keep my solution for four cleanings.

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 08:29:37 pm »
tony can you tell your cleaner is looking dirty or not cleaning as good the last time you use it

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 08:29:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42