What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lighting for an indoor spa room.  (Read 2977 times)

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
Lighting for an indoor spa room.
« on: April 24, 2005, 10:54:19 pm »
 To anyone who owns or has designed an indoor spa room. What is the best type of fixtures to use?

My new tub will have the supplied LED lighting inside and on the waterfall. Also the dealer is installing two optional outside surround lights (on each side of the steps)

Because of the 8' height of the ceiling, I can either go with recessed down-shining "wet-location" lights over the tub, or something like wall mounted scones, (lighting the floor/ceiling) which will be far enough away to where they would not have to be damp proof.

Not much else is going in this room, maybe a small bar countertop with stools. Most of the time the lights will be down low. ;)

So do I want recess "task" lighting or just general ambient lighting? I guess I could do both, I will be using dimmer controls in any case. I'm concerned that the recess units may be too much "in my face" when laying in the spa.

Thanks
John

Hot Tub Forum

Lighting for an indoor spa room.
« on: April 24, 2005, 10:54:19 pm »

JLB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Lighting for an indoor spa room.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 10:17:40 am »
I used track lighting in my tub room, because I wanted to high light some decorative features in the room. Having lights shinning down on us was a concern also. I don't use them very often, but it's nice when just sitting and enjoying  the room.    ;D

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 12:06:15 pm »
 Thanks. We are setting the tub so that the waterfall faces into the adjoining room. With the LEDs and a touch of dimmed down lighting, it should look gorgeous!

Then I can turn them up when ever I need to clean and wet-vacuum up the surrounding floor.

Have you had any corrosion problems with your fixtures, due to the spa chemicals?

Kulta

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 07:25:56 pm »
Our experience has been that track lighting is fine at a distance from the spa to meet code. Look at www.action air@aol.com for  Builders Choice Porch Fans for use in humid enviornments

txwillie

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 09:17:34 am »
I'd recommend indirect lighting or maybe cove lighting, something that you don't see when you look up. IMO, downlights produce more glare than anything else.

txwillie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 09:17:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42