What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2nd Look at 2005 Sundance Optima and Cameo  (Read 4720 times)

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
2nd Look at 2005 Sundance Optima and Cameo
« on: April 21, 2005, 09:14:10 pm »
Hi everyone!

Just got back from our wet test of the 05 Optima and Cameo.  This was our second test of the Optima and the first with the Cameo.

All in all I was not that thrilled with the Cameo.....although we didn't float so much in the lounger, my wife could not feel the foot jets while lounging and I had to maneuver my arms in an uncomfortable position to get the therapy from the wrist jets.  We also found that the foot therapy was awkward when seated in the other two seats at opposite corners from the lounger.  We found ourselves twisting our torsos a bit to get a good blast from the big foot jets.

The Optima was more comfortable than the Cameo but this time I just felt a bit more constricted in the Optima from when we wet tested the last time.  I like the foot dome but found myself feeling skrunched for lack of a better term.

I also found that I am partial to individual seat controls.  We both tried to get a comfortable seat in the Optima but found that one setting for her did not feel great for him and vice versa.  I am sure if we go with this brand we will make it work but I really noticed this on our second wet test.  

Perhaps we are learning what we like by wet testing many spa's and going back to test the favorites.

Unfortunately or fortunately (depending upon how you look at it) I was not blown away by the Optima/Cameo.  I think after us feeling the Artesian Dove Canyon we just really like that one better.  A second wet test of the Artesian is definitely in order!

Ill keep y'all posted on the progress of the spa search!

Hot Tub Forum

2nd Look at 2005 Sundance Optima and Cameo
« on: April 21, 2005, 09:14:10 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: 2nd Look at 2005 Sundance Optima and Cameo
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 11:54:06 pm »
This says a lot about the importance of wet testing.  Imagine what it would be like had you purchased one of these spas only to find this stuff out after you have the spa installed.
Brewman
Brewman

Guttboy

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:59:37 am »
Roger that Brewman!!!!  Thank God we went back to test!  Going to go re-test the Artesian in 2 weeks!

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 11:06:20 am »
Sounds like a plan. That's why we all encourage wet testing the spas. I think you'll be impressed with the Artesian, if power is what you're looking for. Not every spa is made for everyBODY, if you know what I mean...
good luck...

hottubber... ;D

totallyreel

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:59:56 am »
We are still looking for a wet dove canyon to test.  What city/state did you find a dove canyon to try out?

Guttboy

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 12:24:09 pm »
totallyreel,

We tested ours at Austin Tub and Spa on the north side of Austin Texas....pretty far away from you.

Regards,

:)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 09:46:51 pm »
I noticed one of the Cameo seats doesn't have jets this year.  The 03' had jets in the same seat.  I also noticed that the 05' model had two one speed pumps and the 03' had at least one two speed pump.  It seems to me that Sunddance went backwards with these features but I could be wrong.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 09:09:20 am »
I think the reason there are only single speed pumps now is because there's no 'filtration cycle' using pump 1 on low speed.  The new circ pump is much stronger and it doesn all the filtration now.  On our 04 Optima we have the filtration cycles setup for 4 times a day for a hour each time.  It sounds like you can't modify the filtration cycles on the new models.  Hard to say if this is a step forwards or backwards...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 10:05:09 am »
Is the programming on the circ pump on the 2005's not adjustable for time?  
Brewman
Brewman

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 11:29:47 am »
I understood it as a 24 hour high flow circ pump but maybe that's not the case and it may be adjustable.  If that is the case I wonder if it shuts off if the temp gets 2 degrees above the set temp like the current circ pump.  I see that as a problem cause if you are going on vacation and lower the temp then it would cut the circ pump and ozone and you'd have no other filtration until the water dropped to the 'set' temp.  We've seen that over a week our water only drops about 10 degrees.  I would imagine the water might get a bit nasty if it sat for a whole week with no filtration or movement at all...  Now our circ pump cuts off but there's the 4 filtration cycles a day doing some work while we're away...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 01:44:14 pm »
You can set the circulation pump to run 0 to 24 hours.  Even at 0 hours, the pump will still come on for 2 hours at midnight.  

The circulation pump will indeed shut off if the temperature gets 2 degrees above the set temperature.  This only occurs if the water is over 95 degrees.  For example, the tub is set for 80 degrees and the circulation pump is set for 24 hours on a hot day.  The circulation pump will continue to run until the temperature gets to 95 degrees.  

The main pumps come on 4 times a day and run for about 2 minutes.

The pumps on the 880 models are now 2 1-speed 56 frame pumps.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 10:09:33 am »
Thanks for the clarification.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 10:09:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42