What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wheelin and dealin  (Read 2788 times)

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Wheelin and dealin
« on: April 24, 2005, 07:28:07 am »
Hi everyone,

I was recently offered what sounded like a great deal on a tub but I don't know if I'm just getting a sales pitch or the truth so I'd appreciate some input.  

This was a Sundance spa had what were called "blimishes" in the shell.  You had to be in the right light in order to see it but there were a couple of slightly raised areas in a in the seats about the size of a quarter.  I was told that the shell still had the same warranty except those "blimishes" would not be covered under warranty and there were repair kits available if they ever developed into anything.

Is it a risk to purchase a spa like this or am I better off to just keep searching?

Thanks for any input.

Hot Tub Forum

Wheelin and dealin
« on: April 24, 2005, 07:28:07 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Wheelin and dealin
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 07:56:32 am »
If it was me, I'd have to see the defects, but knowing how I go about purchases, I'd have to get a pretty significant discount to even consider.
What model Sundance was this, what is the asking price, and what other than the spa did it include?
Brewman
Brewman

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 08:01:18 am »
2004 Cameo with stereo.  Price offered was $7,825.  No other options were discussed.

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 10:16:18 am »
Who's  going to fix those blims if they develop into problems? Them or you? If it's you I would stay away! I looked at a few blim tubs and some had minnor blims most had been repaired but all had the same warranty as new. Good luck

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 10:20:12 am »
It depends on the dealer.  Some dealers do get blems at a discount and pass the savings on to their customers.  However, it could be a scam.  The dealer that I dealt with for many years always had a "blem" to sell.  It was either a blem spa, or a swimming pool box that got damaged, or something fake to get the customer to buy at a "discount" but was really their reg price, just re-worded.
Now, having said that.  If the spa is what you want, and it is the price you want to pay then buy it.  A small surface blem is not going to change the performance of the tub.
Side note:  I think consumers are way too caught up in the search for a "deal".  The amount that gets rung thru the cash register is the price you pay not the amount you "saved".  

So the "original" price really doesnt matter.  
Measure once, cut twice.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 11:21:20 am »
I'm not caught up in getting the "best deal".  It is just a tub that I was interested in already so it caused me to question if the blemish would develop into a problem in the future.

Thanks for the input.

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 02:32:28 pm »
no, I realize that.  I just got caught up in a rambling thought.  sorry.
Measure once, cut twice.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 03:55:28 pm »
You raised a good point, though.  The risk on the blems would be on you, so you have to decide if you're willing to foot a repair bill that may or may not ever happen.

Just because a warranty doesn't cover something doesn't make it bad, it just determines who pays a bill.

Brewman
Brewman

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 09:49:01 pm »
I have found that blems to not have enough of a savings to allow for the wiggle room in the warranty....meaning the savings simply are not enough to allow for the warranty deduction that you will take on the blem...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 09:49:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42