What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Cameo has landed  (Read 3723 times)

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
My Cameo has landed
« on: April 21, 2005, 03:49:03 pm »
This worked out really well!  You may remember that back in Feb. I asked if an order placed then would net me a 04 or an 05 (I placed my order in Nov, telling the dealer that I couldn't take delivery until spring.)  At that time, the general concensus was I'd still get an 04.  Well, they delivered an 05! Sand with a Coastal Grey shell.  It's filled and probably up to temp by now, I just need to get the PH and TA set (both were low as of last night, I thought I'd bring them into range over a day or two instead of at one shot.)

I know another thread is covering differences between the 04 and 05, but I thought I'd summarize:

05 Added: Waterfall, LED light and control, MicroCleanII filter
05 Deleted: Aux control, Wrap around pillow

The deletion of the pillow suprises me, I thought that was supposed to be a selling ?? feature.

If I get the time, I'll christen tonight.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 10:25:16 am by BobRex »

Hot Tub Forum

My Cameo has landed
« on: April 21, 2005, 03:49:03 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: My Optima has landed
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 03:51:35 pm »
 It's filled and probably up to temp by now, I just need to get the PH and TA set (both were low as of last night, I.

Conrats, this is a perfect situation for baking soda, much cheaper than PH/SPA up products. Start with about an ounce, then test again in 12-24 hours.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 05:11:53 pm »
Outstanding, your gonna love it.  Consider your dealer one of the good guys and be sure your friends, neighbors and relatives know that you did not buy the last one he had.  I'll bet he would love the referrals.

When placing your order in '04, if it was in stock he would hold it for you, if it wasn't in stock, typically we would wait to within 3-4 weeks of being ready.  

His cost did go up and you got a better deal than you thought you did.  That makes him a pretty good dealer.  Most SD dealers are there for the customer.

Now put a bottle of wine on ice, tell your honey to get some candles out, go soak your bones and count the stars.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 05:14:10 pm by J._McD »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 11:55:36 pm »
They took out the secondary control?  
I use that quite often in our spa.  Does this one come with the remote standard?
Brewman
Brewman

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: My Cameo has landed
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 10:36:20 am »
Brewman
Yep, the secondary control is gone!

Bill
The dealer gave me PH/SPA up as part of the starter kit - it's a pretty comprehensive kit; diclor, MPS, PH/SPA up and down, scum bug, defoamer, Sundance mineral cart, test strips, and a couple of other things that I can't think of right now.   As of last night, the water was looking good - TA, PH, and sanitizer were in the zone.

Now I just gotta take the time to jump in!

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 11:00:35 am »
Rob,

Good luck with your spa purchase. Nice selection on the Sundance brand. I also enjoy the auxiliary control in my Optima. I am sorry to see that Sundance deleted it for 05. I think we'll see it again later in the year due to dealer backlash.
Happy hottubbing...

hottubber... ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 12:00:44 pm »
BobRex,

Who is your dealer again?

Chris

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 01:53:18 pm »
Chris,

My dealer is Willow Park Pools and Spas in Bethlehem PA. (www.willowparkpools.com)
I recommend them highly if you're looking for a SD or HS.

Maybe we should start a recommended dealer list, or does one already exist?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 01:53:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42