What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What did you pay for your Arctic Spa?  (Read 5683 times)

fletch

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
What did you pay for your Arctic Spa?
« on: April 19, 2005, 11:50:10 am »
I recently purchased an Arctic Spa Cub signature, and my brother in law purchase the same tub a year before. I paid $600.00 less and had the thing craned onto my back deck included.  We purchased from the same dealer, different salesguy?

I paid 10K, cover lifter, ozone, crane & taxes in. My brother inlaw paid $10,600 CAD, ozone, no crane & taxes in.

So, if you have an Arctic Spa, can I ask (not sure if against forum rules ???):

1) What model do you have?
2) what did you pay?
3) and what did you get for what you paid?
4) Where is your location?

And if we could, to all the non Arctic Spa tub owners, please refrain from the 'Arctic Spa is overpriced' flames, because that is a matter of opinion.  

Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 11:51:27 am by fletch »

Hot Tub Forum

What did you pay for your Arctic Spa?
« on: April 19, 2005, 11:50:10 am »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
Re: What did you pay for your Arctic Spa?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 11:55:20 am »
We have and Arctic Summit Signature Series in Winnipeg.

We paid 10, 000 for cover, lifter, no crane, two duluxe robes and one floating Arctic polar bear. No ozone or hydrotherapy.

We have had our tub about 9 months and use it a lot. (5-6 days a week weather permitting)

Hope this helps.

Jc

Our dealers so far have been terrific with us. I expect this to continue.
How do you know how much you don't know?

fletch49

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 06:29:32 pm »
I have an Arctic Spa Cub Signature with cover lifter, & ozone. I purchased mine in the Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario area. I paid $10,000 taxes in. I've had the tub for about 7 months.

Great tub, great customer service.  

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 06:11:03 am »
Are us non Arctic guys allowed to go........Gulp?
Retired

fletch

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 06:53:29 am »

I'm just interested in what people paid for their tub because I felt like the gentleman who sold me the tub was well...aiming high. However, by the replies, it sounds like my price is within range.

The salesguy gave me a price on the tub at 10k out the door, I said I'll take it right at that moment for $9,500. He said he would have to get back to me. A day later he called me back and told me that 10,000 was the best they could do, because somebody just offered $11,000 for the tub.  That's over the MSRP of the tub?? I should have walked out of the store after that comment, but I really liked the tub and bought it for the $10,000.

I suppose that was his attempt at motivating me to purchase the tub :-/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 06:55:06 am by fletch »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 08:36:00 am »

We had narrowed down our search between Arctic and Beachcomber (720 and 750).

We tested both really preferred the Arctic - and it was cheaper.

So no gulp.

And remember - those funds are Canadian -so that would work out to about... 1000$ U.S...?  ;)

Jc
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 08:39:51 am by JcDenton »
How do you know how much you don't know?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 09:55:27 am »
A day later he called me back and told me that 10,000 was the best they could do, because somebody just offered $11,000 for the tub.  That's over the MSRP of the tub?? I should have walked out of the store after that comment, but I really liked the tub and bought it for the $10,000.

I suppose that was his attempt at motivating me to purchase the tub :-/

Did they sell the tub to the other "customer" for $11,000 or to you for $10,000?  If I was the other customer and they sold you a spa for a thousand dollars less than I had offered, I would be ticked off!

Nice sales tactics  ::).

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 11:40:10 am »

Did they sell the tub to the other "customer" for $11,000 or to you for $10,000?  If I was the other customer and they sold you a spa for a thousand dollars less than I had offered, I would be ticked off!

Nice sales tactics  ::).

Terminator

that doesnt even make much sense :o..... why would the sales rep sell it to you for 10k when he could have gotten 11k for it, just by accepting the "offer" he had???  ???
somehow i dont think it was his altruistic side showing thru....LOL ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 12:42:59 pm by wmccall »

Soakin

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 12:20:30 pm »
...my brother in law purchase the same tub a year before. I paid $600.00 less and had the thing craned onto my back deck included.  We purchased from the same dealer, different salesguy?

This, combined with his "someone else offered me more" ploy during your negotiation shows your dealer's philosophy is to play games rather than treat customers with respect, and offer a fair price to all.  You are happy with your price, but how does your brother in law like being the "sucker"?  It sounds as though you have already made the purchase, but I would be very careful in all dealings with this place.  I hope you have everything promised in writing, because you may need it!

Good luck.

fletch

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 12:20:32 pm »

NO it doesn't make sense. But, this was his attempt to get me to buy the tub for $10k. Put in other words, he was basically saying...look, I could sell this tub tomorrow for more than you're willing to pay, but cause I'm a nice guy, and we talked first, I'll take care of you first.

In reality, it was a poor attempt to get me to buy the tub for 10,000, and it shoots down the original $9,500 that I offered him.

Aside from that little tactic, it's been a great experience. The company has been super with follow up and after sales care. Good group of guys. I often go in there when I have a minute to chat. They love to talk about their tubs!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 12:28:21 pm »
In reality, it was a poor attempt to get me to buy the tub for 10,000, and it shoots down the original $9,500 that I offered him.

Sounds like it was a pretty successful attempt! ;D

BTW, I'm glad you're happy with your spa.  I hope you enjoy it for many years!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mo60

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 03:12:26 pm »
We just got our '05 Artic Avalanche Ultra last week.  We got the cover w/ a coverlifter III, Ozanator, spa wand, chem. Pac, and delivery & set up (about 40 miles from dealer) for $6800.00
This also includes a wood treatment later on the redwood tub.  The dealership is big on service and customer satisfaction.   I believe the tub is very high quality but like any purchase, the dealership is so important.  I'm not getting into a better than this or that brand debate.  Most have some plus and some minus.  We have had experience with the service problems that full foam can bring and believe the Artic to be one of the best of the non-full foam.  I hope everyone enjoys the one they select.   We think we got a fair price. :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 06:41:32 pm »
I just wanted to say gulp because I approached it differently. I could have 2 of the brand and cost I got for the price of one of those. Maybe mine will last longer and the second one I can choose a different seating arangment.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 06:41:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42