What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 cameo  (Read 4058 times)

mowgli1

2005 cameo
« on: April 20, 2005, 10:23:52 am »
We have tested the maxxus and the optima. Both were great, but we liked the lounger in the maxxus. We really don't need a tub as large as the maxxus but we have room for it. I was curious about the foot therapy in the cameo. It has three large whirlpool jets on the side instead of the foot dome. The foot therapy is very important to me as I have neuropathy in my feet.
My wife also loves the sand color shell with the new birchwood cabinet. This combo is not available on the maxxus. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated

Hot Tub Forum

2005 cameo
« on: April 20, 2005, 10:23:52 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: 2005 cameo
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 11:21:16 am »
I have the Optima, and the foot dome is great.  
If as you say, you have foot issues, I'd try the Cameo out yourself if possible.  It would be difficult for anyone but yourself to evaluate if the Cameo would meet your needs footwise.
Brewman
Brewman

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 11:28:16 am »
The gpm on the foot jets in the Cameo are high volumn intensity.  The volumn can be controlled by the diverter valve and the intensity by the air venturri's.  You can adjust the pressure and intensity to your particular desired level as sensitivity to everybody's feet will be different.  They are certainly going to tickle your toes.

The Optima foot jets are smaller and pass fewer gpm, but you have the same control over volumn and intensity.

You're right about color, the maxxus is only available in three colors sand not being one of them.

You should water test the Cameo and compare the foot jets to your impressions to others you have tested.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 11:29:31 am by J._McD »

mowgli1

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 11:58:23 am »
The gpm on the foot jets in the Cameo are high volumn intensity.  The volumn can be controlled by the diverter valve and the intensity by the air venturri's.  You can adjust the pressure and intensity to your particular desired level as sensitivity to everybody's feet will be different.  They are certainly going to tickle your toes.

The Optima foot jets are smaller and pass fewer gpm, but you have the same control over volumn and intensity.

You're right about color, the maxxus is only available in three colors sand not being one of them.

You should water test the Cameo and compare the foot jets to your impressions to others you have tested.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the Cameo has plenty of  intensity in the foot jets.We are going to Tucson next month. I will try to schedule a wet test from the dealer we will be buying from. I still love the Maxxus, but my wife thinks the Cameo would be a better fit.  I'm grateful for the help.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 11:59:50 am by mowgli1 »

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 07:19:36 pm »
Mowgli, I thought you are a tall person & the optima was a little scrunched for you (so the cameo would be no different). I originally wanted a sand or sahara color but the platinum really grew on me.Two weeks & counting I'm just finishing my deck addition can't wait!

mowgli1

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 08:05:43 pm »
Mowgli, I thought you are a tall person & the optima was a little scrunched for you (so the cameo would be no different). I originally wanted a sand or sahara color but the platinum really grew on me.Two weeks & counting I'm just finishing my deck addition can't wait!

You are right about the scrunched feeling. My wife thinks the lack of the foot dome will allow me to stretch my legs out. I love the Maxxus so I'm digging my heels in the sand on this one. I think she will go for the sahara shell with the birchwood cabinet. She loved the Maxxus too,but doesn't think we need a tub that large.  I'm going to compromise with her on some of the things she wants in the new house. I think the Maxxus will be in our back yard in the end. ;D

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 08:25:11 pm »
The footdome to me was a major part of the spa selection. I think that w/no dome (being tall) you will just be playing footsie w/ whomever is opposite you!

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 09:04:06 pm »
Well......

I must say that I felt skrunched in the cameo and the optima today :-[

just got back from the wet test......we just were not as blown away with the Optima and the Cameo today as we were on our first test....

I am thinking that we need to give the MAXXUS a shot!

mowgli1

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 09:53:07 pm »
Thanks for all the posts.  After reading them my wife and I are in agreement. The Maxxus it will be!! ;D ;

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 09:53:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42