What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: question for the "pros"  (Read 2237 times)

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
question for the "pros"
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:24:43 am »
i "acquired" a 4 year old HS jetsetter tub last night at an estate auction. it looks like brand new, and was inside a house since new. its in perfect working condition, with the cover and lifter. the retail for a new one here in va beach is about $5800.
do any of the dealers on this board broker used spas at all ? if so, is there a flat fee, percentage of the sales price, or another way to compensate the dealer? i was thinking $2500-2800 range should be a fair price..... ???

let me add that i just bought a new caldera niagra less than 30 days ago, and i am very pleased with it, so i really dont need another tub......it was just too much of a bargain to pass up....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 09:44:16 am by kent »

Hot Tub Forum

question for the "pros"
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:24:43 am »

obi wan

Re: question for the "pros"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 09:47:04 am »
of course... any one out there in SE VA or NC want a really good deal on a jetsetter, by all means, PM me, and delivery is an option ;D ;D ::)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:04:38 am »
This is what I have done on many occasions.

A customer wants to trade in their old spa.  We have a list of people who want to buy used HotSpring spas.  I help the customer determine a fair price for all involved.  I then pass along his phone number to the people who are interested in acquiring this particular used model.  If the seller is able to get the spa sold, he will usually give me a commission (varies from $200-500 and is strictly at the discretion of the seller).

I would venture to say that the Jetsetter would be a good value at $3-3500K.  No way I would sell it for less than $2800.  Also, the buyer is responsible for all moving charges.

Hope this helps!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

shabba34

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 11:17:32 am »
We sell used HS on consignment, customer takes 70% of gross, less any cost of repair, stain, new cover etc.. we take 30%.  2200-2800 seems like a fair asking price for you personally.  Like East TX says, we would sell that spa for 3000-3500 + 1 year part and labor warranty out of our showroom.  The dealer may be able to get more money for the spa if they offer that warranty.  Most dealers i would presume, would only offer you 800-1200 for the tub unless they have a program like we do.  Can't hurt to ask. ;)

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 11:24:29 am »
of course... any one out there in SE VA or NC want a really good deal on a jetsetter, by all means, PM me, and delivery is an option ;D ;D ::)

I'd put it in the Trading Post magazine. I had a friend a while back who was shopping for and bought a used tub.

obi wan

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 11:08:11 am »
This is what I have done on many occasions.

A customer wants to trade in their old spa.  We have a list of people who want to buy used HotSpring spas.  I help the customer determine a fair price for all involved.  I then pass along his phone number to the people who are interested in acquiring this particular used model.  If the seller is able to get the spa sold, he will usually give me a commission (varies from $200-500 and is strictly at the discretion of the seller).
I would venture to say that the Jetsetter would be a good value at $3-3500K.  No way I would sell it for less than $2800.  Also, the buyer is responsible for all moving charges.

Hope this helps!

Terminator

thanx for the great idea!. the same company actually owns several locations. they sell calderas at one location (where i bought my new one) and they sell HS and tiger river at another store. i called them, explained that i just bought the new one from them and had the jetsetter to sell, and they said they had a customer who wants a jetsetter but didn't/couldn't pay retail for new. they are calling him today and it sounds like they may even offer him some sort of warranty....
another example of how well this whole "exchanging information" thing works so well..... thanx for all the suggestions

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 11:08:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42