What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP! Dealer Fact or Fiction  (Read 13251 times)

SJK

Re: HELP! Dealer Fact or Fiction
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2005, 10:13:15 pm »
As someone looking to buying my first tub as well, I look at it a little differently.  We don't have money to burn, but I'm not as concerned about paying a few hundred dollars too much as I am with getting the right tub and the right service.  I only have three dealers and four manufacturers to choose from (Sundance, Beachcomber, Catalina and Coast) and you can't wet test every model.  I don't want to find three months from now I wished I'd got that lounger,  the other jet configuration or the option I didn't think I'd need.  Fear of buyer's remorse is my hangup.  A week ago, I knew nothing about hot tubs and after several hours on this forum realize how little I still don't know.  I want a dealer who I can depend on for good advice, good service and integrity.  As for price,  I know pretty much the most I'm prepared to spend and that you get what you pay for.  That's not to say I want to get stiffed  - I'm looking for value for my dollar - but at the end of the day, if two tubs are close, I'm going with the dealer I like and trust the most.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2005, 10:13:15 pm »

J._McD

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2005, 10:39:08 pm »
SJK, I think you hit the nail on the head, "I'm going with the dealer I like and trust the most."  It's really not about the money, it is about the realationship.

Campsalot, I should have figured your wife was timid, and I can understand that, who wants to go to a store in a swim suit and soak in a tub.  

We all have issues and concerns, some of us want to buy and some of us want to sell.  This shouldn't be that hard, but again, "Fear of buyer's remorse is my hangup"  focus on the relationship from whom you buy.

IF, he is offering you a bargain that is toooooo goooood to believe say thank you and leave.  If you have something good to offer, you don't need pressure to close.  If he is unwilling to deal maybe he is honest and gave you the real price first.

It is a hard shot to call and I really wish I could help.  But, it is your money and it is your decision.  You're looking a good quality, you are going to have it for a long time, you're just afaid of making the wrong decision.

I believe everyone on this forum will agree, you are looking at ONE of the best, IF you want to debate the other choices, we can do that too.

What has you hung up is FEAR.  "Fear of buyer's remorse is my hangup"  

Focus, Focus, Focus, 1) Quality 2) Value 3) SERVICE

NOW about your deposit, make the check out to...........

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2005, 08:35:57 am »
 So does anyone know why Sundance doesn’t have a step that is designed to fit against its contoured side?  

Have you checked with Sundance or the dealer on this?
Seems to me that one time in our dealers picking up filters and chemicals, I was looking at the Maxus and thought the stairs were contoured against the curved side.  I remember thinking how nice those stairs looked.
That was probably for a 2003 or 2004 model.
Brewman
Brewman

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2005, 09:44:49 am »
The stairs were not available until April 1st.  So they should be getting to dealers anytime now.

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2005, 02:24:15 pm »
Stereo speakers in the hot tub? Ahhhh no thanks! I'll save the money and spend it on a set of Bose 252 environmental speakers! (I have 3 sets of these on my deck including two right above the hot tub!) Those Bose will definitely Kick the A$$ out of any other outdoor speakers! (No I don't work for bose)  Besides you think the unit driving the speakers in that hot tub is worth anything? Face it for the 500-600 option your not getting good sound! Hopefully you have something nice inside that you can drive your speakers. I'd also recomend a Niles 4 or 6 speaker selector with individual volume controls. I use the 6. But I also installed a remote outdoor Niles volume control for the speakers over the hot tub. That way you can fine tune the volume without getting out of the tub. Of course if you get a radio frequency controlled remote you could handle everything from the tub.

J._McD

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2005, 11:22:22 pm »
Stereo's are pricey both for the dealer and the buyer.  My first suggestion is to buy a boom box at Sam's and take it to the beach with you in the summer.

That is a lot of money for a specific purpose for a short period of time, and between different manufacturers I don't necessarily think they are all good.

But you know what, when I was asked how many stereo's we sold last year, I was off by greater than 50%.  

People like sound.  There are many different ways to get it, and they are all good.

If you can afford it, if you gatta have it, if your into the toys, or if your neighbor got, GET IT, otherwise FORGET IT.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 11:23:42 pm by J._McD »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2005, 08:28:47 am »
I popped the cash for the built in stereo in our Optima.
Worth every cent.  The unit is well constructed, has been reliable, sounds great, and one less thing to lug outside when we use the spa, especially in the winter.
Totally worth it TO ME.  
Brewman
Brewman

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2005, 08:19:12 pm »
 ;D  Wet test was a major success!  My wife loves the tub and I love the price.  10 grand even,Sundance Maxxus with stereo and remote, steps, cover, lift, chemical kit, delivered!  The only thing I want is the curved steps to match the contour.  Wow 10g's, someone tell me I'm not nuts!  
The tub is great,  the lounger jets are so strong it pushes you out of the seat.  My 5'3" wife did not drown..  But man was that baby hot at 101 degrees.  Me thinks I'll cool it down a tad!  Sign me happy but nuts!  Thanks everyone!  Happily waiting for the electrician!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2005, 09:07:22 pm »
You're not nuts.  Buy the spa, and get to soaking.
Brewman
Brewman

rushfan2112

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2005, 10:13:27 pm »
 I got the Maxxus also..Campsalot,
 You're not crazy..I just did the same thing!! ;D I picked the maxxus also.. first tub 10k!! waitng for May 9th...day of delivery..can't wait!!! :D

Rushfan :)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2005, 08:39:20 pm »
Congratulations, Campsalot!

You aren't nuts, just a new member of the exclusive Spatopia club!  Enjoy that tub!!!

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 08:39:45 pm by Lori »
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2005, 08:39:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42