What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Free vs. Combined Cl  (Read 7346 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Free vs. Combined Cl
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 09:10:56 am »
I'm using Bromine and MPS as shock.  My Bromine has no chlorine in it (Brilliance).  Water maintenance is relatively easy- set the floater the the correct level, refill it every couple weeks, shock one a week. I Monitor PH, Bromine, and alk levels every few days.  
Either the bromine or mps or both cause the PH to drift lower gradually, so I occasionally have to adjust.  

It takes a week or two after a water change to get everything balanced, but after that it's pretty easy.

Just a matter of that newbie learning curve, and for me it was resisting the temptation to micro manage the water.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 09:10:56 am »

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 09:35:13 pm »
I agree with Lori, whose experience matches my own in terms of treatment.  I did not intend to alarm anyone and would like to reassure newbies that my question was based on a weird circumstance.

Regards,

Bill

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 10:52:23 pm »
Bill.....

No "alarm" taken on this end!  I have kept marine reef tanks for 20 years and planted tanks for 5 years.  I am acutely aware of water testing and quality issues...yes I am anal there...LOL.

Your question was very informative....this site is great for advice and for learning about new things!

I just cant wait til I get my Spa!!!!  Hopefully by the end of July!!!!

Regards,

Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 10:52:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42