What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: frustrated on HS price-need help in KS  (Read 9019 times)

J._McD

Re: frustrated on HS price-need help in KS
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 11:47:43 pm »
gtballer, I couln't agree with you more.  that was the subject of my previous post.  "How do you value a dealer & what is a fair price?"

I would be interested in your comments.  Taking the suggestion of Chris H. I should consider a shorter version that will get our minds thinking together.

some of us want to buy, and some of us want to sell, but we all have issues to cope with.

There are enough bad guys out there, how can we protect you, and there are enough good guys out there, how can we reveal them to you.  The feeling of fear is prevelant.  How can we really help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 11:47:43 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 06:58:20 am »
mrskansas,

That sounds in line with the 2004 price I got of $7400. The 2005 has another pump and 2005 prices have increased due to petroleum prices on every brand of tub.

HS tends to be a little more expensive than other manufacturers but as many people have said they are a top manufacturer.

Hope this helps!

Vinny

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 09:27:26 am »
 She quoted me:

$7951.47
Includes:  
2005 Sovereign $7395.00 + taxes

Free throw ins from the dealer:
Cover cradle
plastic steps
Ozone, CD units
start-up chlor
Delivery
Freshwater spa starter kit
spa shock
taxes

What do you think?  This sounds high to me.

This sounds like a very good price to me.  That is what we charge for the 2005 Sovereign but we do not do "throw ins" on our spas.  It sounds like your dealer is being straight up with you as well as giving you an excellent deal.  Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 09:47:15 am »
As usual East Tx is right on. That is a very good(low) price. Tub only in my store is more than total you were you quoted(excluding tax).

Luv2cruise

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 06:56:20 pm »
Ok, so I went back to HS tonight and asked exactly what was included in my package.  You were right, Guttboy & Vinny, the salesperson quoted me on a full package, and my husband on just the spa.  She quoted me:

$7951.47
Includes:  
2005 Sovereign $7395.00 + taxes

Free throw ins from the dealer:
Cover cradle
plastic steps
Ozone, CD units
start-up chlor
Delivery
Freshwater spa starter kit
spa shock
taxes

What do you think?  This sounds high to me.

Well, we live in Kansas and purchased a 2004 Vanguard (which we love). We bought the floor model, so they knocked off $400. With everything you've mentioned (they tossed in all the things you listed), it came to around $8,200, with the discount. If I remember correctly, the tub prior to discount was a tad over $8,000 (or right around).

We also looked at the Sovereign, and thought that was the one we wanted, but after wet-testing, we found we didn't like the recliner that much. I think it was around $7,200 or so, but I don't remember the exact price. So, I think the price you were quoted seems right, considering the one quoted to us was last years model.

We bought the gray exterior, with the pearly white interior. It's so awesome at night with the lights on!

We've also found the people who work at our HS store to be really, really nice and helpful.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 10:15:31 pm by Luv2cruise »

Luv2cruise

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2005, 07:13:44 pm »
I meant to add...that I understand where you are coming from. When we first decided to buy a spa, we had NO clue what they cost, nor what was a good brand or not a good brand.

I know HS is a great spa, but I was still shocked when I was given the price.  :)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 03:00:19 pm »
Hi We just got a HS Envoy in Ohio last week for 8520 plus tax, 9075 inc tax and delivery. It included HS Ozone freshwater III, Pearl color shell, HS steps (not the cheap plastic ones), cover, HS cover lift (dual cylinder the HS top line), chemical kit, delivery and setup. It was not the cheapest price ( a dealer quoted me a price of 500 less but was 75 miles farther away and I was concerned about the service I would get after the sale because of the distance) this dealer gave me confidance in the "service after the sale"  It was a hard decision to pay that much more, but a local dealer (less than 30 miles away) was worth it to us. Every dealer we went to, all brands, when we were deciding which spa was for us, told us they had the best service after the sale. How we decided to buy from this dealer was just a gut feeling. She was the owner and gave us the confidance she would be there when we needed service, and has been in business for over 25 yrs. Sometimes you go with the feelings, because everyone uses the same words to tell you there service is best.

Michigander

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 03:14:32 pm »
Just an FYI on the 05 Sovereign.  Make sure you are getting quoted for the 220 model vs the 110 model.  The 110 model classic (endurol), white color, is cheaper by about $150 in Michigan.

Chas told me that you can run all jets at once in the 05 model the local dealer "checked" with the manufacturer and said you can not.

Just an FYI do with it what you will.

shabba34

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 03:20:34 pm »
Just an FYI on the 05 Sovereign.  Make sure you are getting quoted for the 220 model vs the 110 model.  The 110 model classic (endurol), white color, is cheaper by about $150 in Michigan.

Chas told me that you can run all jets at once in the 05 model the local dealer "checked" with the manufacturer and said you can not.

The 05' Sovereign has a dual port diverter valve to be set a the 3:00 and the 9:00 o'clock position.  When placed in the 12:00 or 6:00 o'clock position all jets are operational, just at a toned down strength.  So the phrase "run all the jets at once" is vague.  That is only for the 220V Sov not the 110V Sov.  110 V Sov has a 4 port diverter and you are unable to operat all the jets at one time.  Almost ;D

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 05:00:22 pm »

Yeah, some say the same about the grandee.  Odd how I have water coming out of every jet!  8)

You can't run all of them at full speed at the same time but most people find, and you may find when you wet test, that a jet on full speed is not always desirable and you wind up turning it down to 50-80% anyway based on what kind of massage you would like (adjusting accordingly for different body types and different aches and pains).

Perhaps a better, less confusing way to say it is "all jets are usable at once" and it is up to the wet tester to decide what is (and is not) underpowered.

-Ed

Mo60

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 02:39:30 am »
Frustrated in KS.  Couldn't help but relate to the question.  I've been reading on this site for several months and would like to say "Thanks" to all for good info and a few laughs.   Not knowing where you are in KS, this might not help-but if you are close to Leavenworth, there is a great dealership there.   Clearwater Pool and Spa.  I would suggest you see them before you buy.  They are bringing ours out tomorrow after many months of looking and talking to many dealers and brand names.   I believe we are getting quality, a fair price, & backed by an honest dealership.   Good luck to you and again, Thanks to all.   I'm finally signed up to participate........ Mo60 ::)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 06:49:00 am »
Mo60!!!

Welcome and Congratulations!!!

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Mo60

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 07:32:01 pm »
Thanks a bubble........ The crew just left about an hour + ago and the heater is on.   Hope to get in it tonight.   We had a 3-4 person Hot Springs some time ago but now have an 8 person Artic.  I'm very impressed with many features but most of all our dealer.  It really makes a big addition to the deck area of our back yard. Take care......... Mo60  ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 07:32:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42