What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber or Sundance  (Read 11718 times)

zzaphod42

Re: Beachcomber or Sundance
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 11:45:20 am »
We passed over the Beachcomber during our search due to the external pump.  The additional space required just wouldn't work in our location.  

Make sure you take the extra space into account!

The Beachcomber dealer lost a sale then by not mentioning the fact that you can purchase a Beachcomber with the equipment inside the tub.

That being said, about 95% of the tubs I sell have the protec option. (equipment exterior)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 11:46:30 am by zzaphod42 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 11:45:20 am »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 11:51:09 am »
...and since the Protec functions as a step anyways...how does this take up more space?

I don't have a Beachcomber. My tub has its pumps inside. Yet I still need a step to get into it.

Not really an issue.

Jc

...unless your tub is counter-sunk into a deck..?..?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 11:52:15 am by JcDenton »
How do you know how much you don't know?

zzaphod42

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 11:58:10 am »
SJK,

Beachcomber uses a BIG circulating pump to filter the water and Sundance uses a little one with pump 1 coming on low every so often (this is programmable)  to help filter the water. I don't know if the circ pump is an option in Beachcomber or it's standard.

Every manufacturer tackles filtration differently and none of the major manufacturers have a problem keeping the water clean. Don't let this be a deciding factor in selecting your tub.

I will go one step further with this. In my (measley) three years in the business, I have yet to encounter anyone, I repeat, anyone who has complained of inferior filtration systems. This includes a variety of tubs purchased at big box stores.

Filtration just isn't an issue within the industry - at least in my neck of the woods.

zzaphod42

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 12:06:04 pm »
What about the turbo option?  Its an extra $350.00, but I've been told its "a guy thing" - not really that useful.  I'm almost sold on the 720.

I am not a fan of the turbo feature personally. (Beachcomber's term for a blower.) I would sooner spend the money to upgrade both pumps 1 hp each, rather than get the turbo if you are that concerned about power.

shabba34

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 12:15:31 pm »

I will go one step further with this. In my (measley) three years in the business, I have yet to encounter anyone, I repeat, anyone who has complained of inferior filtration systems. This includes a variety of tubs purchased at big box stores.

Filtration just isn't an issue within the industry - at least in my neck of the woods.

Filtration is a major issue in the industry, maybe not in sales of the unit but in ownership for sure.  The reason many big box store spas and inferior products last such a short lifespan is due directly to filtration, and customer neglect.  It may not happen tomorrow, but mediocre filtration can lead to many problems with a spa.  Vital components are in direct contact with your spa water and your filtering system is your first defense in the longevity of your components.  I realize many spas out there filter very well, but 125 manufacturers don't, and thats why many are deemed unreliable.  I understand filtration may not come up in a sales pitch for many, unless in competition with spas that promote superior filtration, but the average customer with the average spa knows no difference.  For all they know, there 5 year old home depot special that has had the heater replaced 3 times was due to the filtration, or lack there of.  I'm sure there were other determining factors, but rest assured the filtration was one of them.  Sorry for the long post   ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2005, 12:44:59 pm »
pkud, very good points about the importance of filtration.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

zzaphod42

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2005, 02:42:40 pm »
Always something new to learn, that's why I love this site ;D

Pkud, (or anyone with the answer) could you let me know a few of the more common problems associated with poor filtration? Also, whether these problems are due to a flaw in the filtration system or caused by negligence?

I would have thought that things like ensuring your ph is balanced, your hardness was in proper range etc... would play a much larger role in the health and safety of the components of a hot tub. ???

FWIW I was not trying to discuss the sales tactics regarding filtration, but rather it's performance on the hot tub. I should have written that I have never had any customers complain about dirty cloudy water due to a poor filtration system.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2005, 02:42:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42