What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs  (Read 4060 times)

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot Springs
« on: April 10, 2005, 11:04:26 am »
My new patio should be finished Monday and the dry b low (deck system) should be done Friday. I went to wet test HS again yesterday. We tested the Envoy and Grandee. I wanted to try the Vista because with 4 kids I figure we need the extra seat. I loved the lourger in the Envoy and it seemed to have more room than the Grandee. I love the foot jet on the Envoy when you sit in the corner in the Vista they turn the sit and I am told you would get the same effect? Any thoughts on that? I have 6 people in my family and think we need the space of the Vista. The sales person says it would feel the same as the Envoy but with and exrta seat and I would love the extra room.  Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs
« on: April 10, 2005, 11:04:26 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hot Springs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 02:48:59 pm »
The lounger in the Vista is much longer than the one in the Envoy, and yes, there is more room and an additional seat.

They are both HP models and have tons of power and lots of features which most people seem to enjoy.

I have seldom heard anyone be sorry they bought the bigger tub....

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 04:11:17 pm »

I have seldom heard anyone be sorry they bought the bigger tub....

:)

This is a very good point!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 06:09:10 pm »

This is a very good point!  

This is a very good response!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jaj111

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 11:01:35 pm »
 I love the foot jet on the Envoy when you sit in the corner in the Vista they turn the sit and I am told you would get the same effect? Any thoughts on that?

The Vista has foot jets in both corner seats. and the lounge. They are both great tubs.  I went with the Vista and could not be happer. ;D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 06:52:02 am »

This is a very good response!

Why thank you!   :-* ;)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 05:42:36 pm »
I own an Envoy and would recommend against it if it would be used by more than 2 or 3 people simultaneously on a frequent basis.  In my opinion it would be too small.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 06:08:16 pm »
I have 6 people in my family and think we need the space of the Vista. The sales person says it would feel the same as the Envoy but with and exrta seat and I would love the extra room.  Thanks for your help.

If you think you will often have more than 3 people in the spa I would advice getting the larger spa. It’s not my money of course but you don't want to spend less and not get enough of what you need, you only get one chance to purchase the right spa for you. On the other hand, we often hear of people who second-guess themselves when they realize they got the biggest spa yet only 2 go in at a time. Again, if you're going to have more than 3 people in the spa do yourself a favor and get one with ample room.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 10:17:40 am »
I loved the lourger in the Envoy and it seemed to have more room than the Grandee.

I haven't been to my HS dealer in a while, but I thought the grandee was noticably bigger than the envoy???

To get maximum people in a tub you need 3 things (IMO)

- A big tub to start with
- No barrier seating
- No lounger (someone laying down takes up lots of space)

What I have noticed on my grandee is that if I want to lay down, I can sit in a corner seat and lay across the bench, but that just happens to work with my height/length.

We've regularly had 6 in our grandee, no problemo. But, it's a 2004 and I don't know if things have changed in the 2005 model.

-Ed

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 03:36:20 pm »
I haven't been to my HS dealer in a while, but I thought the grandee was noticably bigger than the envoy???
Yes, the Grandee is 8'4" x 7'7" and the Envoy is 7'5" x 7'9"  
Grandee is 38" tall Envoy is 36"
Grandee holds 500 gallons, Envoy 450.
To get maximum people in a tub you need 3 things (IMO)

- A big tub to start with
- No barrier seating
- No lounger (someone laying down takes up lots of space)

What I have noticed on my grandee is that if I want to lay down, I can sit in a corner seat and lay across the bench, but that just happens to work with my height/length.

We've regularly had 6 in our grandee, no problemo. But, it's a 2004 and I don't know if things have changed in the 2005 model. -Ed
No real changes in the Grandee from '04 to '05 other than some shell color changes and the color-changing light is now included.
The Vista and Grandee are the same "footprint" but the Vista has a lounger while the Grandee is very open. As a result you can fit more folks into the Grandee.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 03:52:42 pm »
I finally got to see some newer Hot Springs tub today. I mentioned previously that our Local HS dealer is also a Cal and Viking Dealer.  They are a big spa/pool table/patio/fireplace type of store.

They recently moved the spas to their own building with great visibility from the interstate.  As you walk in one side of the store is all Cal spas.  I would estimate 10 on the floor with 2 or 3 Vikings in the back.  They have 6-8 Hot Springs on the left side. I didn't notice any Tiger Rivers, but maybe I missed it.  I also see they now carry Artesian in the middle.  But the main spa that caught your eye front and center was this one.

It was this color and the biggest spa I have seen in person.
I was also pleased to see a 5 pound container of Leisure time Di-chlor for $22.95
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 03:53:25 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 03:52:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42