What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caspian arrives tomorrow, heater 20amp?  (Read 3299 times)

relaxers

Caspian arrives tomorrow, heater 20amp?
« on: April 07, 2005, 12:14:15 pm »
Thanks to everyone's feedback, we purchased the Caspian, an 04 model off of the floor. It should be installed tomorrow. The electrician was here today, told me that the heater is the 20 amp breaker and the pumps are the 30 amp breaker. That differs a bit from the pre-delivery instructions. Anyone know if what he said is true?
Can't wait to get into it. Will feel a bit like an early summer up here in the Twin Cities. Tomorrow evening, heaven.....

Hot Tub Forum

Caspian arrives tomorrow, heater 20amp?
« on: April 07, 2005, 12:14:15 pm »

shabba34

Re: Caspian arrives tomorrow, heater 20amp?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 12:41:41 pm »
make sure your electrician follows the tiger river pre-delivery instructions to a t.  Page 11 of the 2004 pre-delivery guide, top diagram.  And yes, the heater runs off the 20 amp breaker and the pumps, light, etc.. run of the 30 amp.  Special wiring for the HP models of HS and TR.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 12:50:19 pm »
Yup. PK has it right.

Be sure that the nuetral wire from the spa goes to the nuetral post on the 30 amp breaker.

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

relaxers

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 01:09:39 pm »
The electrician is one who has installed several of these Tiger River, HS spas. He said to me that the Caspian model is different than all the rest. I read to him that the pre-delivery instructions said to Alwasy ensure the white neutral wilre is connected to the load neutral of the 20 amp breaker. His reply was that that was incorrect information in the pre-delivery instructions.
Hence, I started to worry. I just don't want it to arrive and not work or worse yet, get ruined.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 02:14:00 pm »
Always connect the neutral wire to the 20 amp breaker, except for the Caspian and the HP models by HotSpring.

Those are different and need the nuetral wire on the 30 amp breaker.

They also have a 4000 watt heater in place of the 6000 watt heater.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 02:38:39 pm »
The electrician is one who has installed several of these Tiger River, HS spas. He said to me that the Caspian model is different than all the rest. I read to him that the pre-delivery instructions said to Alwasy ensure the white neutral wilre is connected to the load neutral of the 20 amp breaker. His reply was that that was incorrect information in the pre-delivery instructions.
Hence, I started to worry. I just don't want it to arrive and not work or worse yet, get ruined.

The neutral from the main breaker is connected to the neutral bar in the sub-panel, while the neutral from the spa should be connected to the 30 amp breaker in the  sub-panel on the TR Caspian 04' - 05' and Siberian 04' models.  Your electrition seems to know what he is doing.  By the way, did you purchase your spa from Lake Elmo or Minnetonka?  And who was your sales person, if you don't mind me asking?

relaxers

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 05:22:20 pm »
Hi, thanks again so much for the information.
I think he did it correct. I double checked after your posts. I purchased it at the Lake Elmo store.  I know their reputation is good, and felt they were fair in the pricing. Are you looking for one or just curious?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 05:39:55 pm »
I believe pkud is a dealer in Florida and was thinking he might know the folks up there.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

shabba34

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 12:17:13 pm »
Hi, thanks again so much for the information.
I think he did it correct. I double checked after your posts. I purchased it at the Lake Elmo store.  I know their reputation is good, and felt they were fair in the pricing. Are you looking for one or just curious?

East has it right.  I know the dealer up there very well, the new owners have been one of the top HS dealers for the past
20 years.  You should have a great experience with them.  Good luck! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 12:17:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42