What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aromatherapy  (Read 3246 times)

snowsoakers

Aromatherapy
« on: April 10, 2005, 05:31:04 pm »
Our new Optima has the aromatherapy slot...has anyone tried it in their spa...any opinions on how it works?  

Hot Tub Forum

Aromatherapy
« on: April 10, 2005, 05:31:04 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Aromatherapy
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 05:44:19 pm »
I'm not really thrilled with the aroma beads in a cage thing.  I really don't get that much scent from them.
The Mrs., who has a MUCH greater sense of smell than I do, likes them.  

I've not tried the various liquids and crystals that you add to the water.  I've heard that SPAZAZZ is supposed to be pretty good, as well as the Being line.

Does the 2005 Optima still use the caged beads in the blower?  Or did they change to something else?  I think they made several significant changes in the spa this model year.

Brewman
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:46:08 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 07:12:49 pm »
Brewman,

They still use the beads in the cage method.  I kinda like this feature as you are not adding stuff to the water directly.  When we tested the aroma was very mild and not overpowering for us.

Regards,

Mike

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 11:12:12 pm »
Aroma therapy is a nice feature.  what your senses smell will change to electrical or chemical information in your brain.  It can have a subtle influence on you and yours.  Try lavender or jasmine you could even get lucky if it reacts favorably on the senses.

When the aroma subsides over time you can re-energize them with the same aroma essential oils and use them as feeder or delivery method instead of buying new ones all of the time.

Women are from venus and men are from mars.  Women are in to the sensual fragrances, men are into horsepower and they just get lucky. ;D

Spazazz is great check out Honey Mango.  They are all great and only expand on the useful enjoyment of a good quality soak.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 11:16:11 pm by J._McD »

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 06:50:57 am »
 Well, I don't know how well they work in the spa, but when we ordered our Sundance, we were able to take home a few of the "aroma beads in a cage".

They have since been moved from the kitchen, to the garage, and then to the laundry room....they work pretty well as regular "air stinker-uppers"!  ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 08:21:31 am »
The "dry" aromatherapy is one worthless feature on my Dynasty spa. ( I think they discontinued it)  But maybe its better designed in the Sundance.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 08:24:38 am »
I don't think it works all that well.  I can barely smell the beads.  But it could be just that my schnozz isn't as sensitive as others.  
I think I'll try the Spazazz crystals.  I've heard good things about them.  I'm not overly concerned about adding them to the water, I figure that's what their made for.
Brewman
Brewman

nicker

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 08:36:47 am »
the spazzz is great.  It is the crystals.  I know there are also liquid forms but I hear they do not last very long.  I know first hand the spazzz works well and last pretty much last a full 1/2 hour cycle in the tub.  Depending on how much you put in of course I give it good three shakes on the container.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 12:04:36 pm »
beans and cabbage makes the worst kind of aroma ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 12:04:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42