What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: We purchased...4-6 weeks can't come fast enough!  (Read 3254 times)

snowsoakers

We purchased...4-6 weeks can't come fast enough!
« on: April 10, 2005, 02:25:14 pm »
Thanks everyone for your advice last week.  We went back and wet-tested Marquis, Hot Springs, Caldera and Sundance.  Our first choice and ultimate purchase was the Sundance Optima.   Our second choice was the Caldera Hawaiian.  

Both Marquis tubs that we tried were just too deep for me, so we eliminated those right away...which was too bad because we thought the seating configuration looked interesting.  

We like the Hot Springs engineering but just didn't fit in the Grandee either.  Someone suggested we try the Envoy...and we liked it and the double-moto, but wanted to have the option to seat more than 5.

The Caldera Hawaiian was a very comfortable tub, and felt like a much better mid-range tub than the Sundance Bahia.  

Ultimately we decided on the Optima.  It fits me well and seemed like it would be cozy with just the two of us and roomy for a group.  We liked some of the low-maintanance features like the auto-clean/flush, the non-mechanical jets and the disposable filters (although i hope they come up with a recycleable one soon!).  

Our dealer is going to arrange to come over when the deck-builder is here to decide last minute details about placement and delivery.  

So...it will be here in 4 to 6 weeks...wish we had it now...we're in the middle of a snowstorm and it sure would be nice....ahhhhh :)

Joan
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 02:26:55 pm by snowsoakers »

Hot Tub Forum

We purchased...4-6 weeks can't come fast enough!
« on: April 10, 2005, 02:25:14 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: We purchased...4-6 weeks can't come fast enoug
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 02:30:03 pm »
We've had our Optima now for 2 years, and have been very happy with it.  I'm sure you'll enjoy yours too.

Brewman
Brewman

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 02:38:26 pm »
You'll love your new Optima Joan!

Wishing you the best weather, the best water, and the best night sky watching.

Spahappy :D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 02:47:43 pm »

Congrats, it sounds like you did your homework and got the perfect spa for you. Most of the hard part is done, it all gets better from here. Where are you that it is still snowing. 75 and sunny here!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 04:30:27 pm »
Congratulations on your new spa!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 04:54:33 pm »
Congratulations!

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!

I know you will love the Optima!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

snowsoakers

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 05:28:12 pm »
Where are you that it is still snowing. 75 and sunny here!

Colorado...1.5 feet and hasn't stopped yet...it's georgeous  :D

rushfan2112

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 08:10:09 pm »
JUst saw the news about the BLIZZARD in CO. WOW!!!
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/colorado_blizzard

Incredible!! Enjoy your tub!!! I am waiting for mine also, should have it in early May.. Can't wait!!  Keep us posted I got the Sundance Maxxus..

RUSH ;D

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 11:24:24 pm »
You're gonna love being in hot water especially with the snow.  You looked at some good choices.  Congratulations for surviving the spa shopping experience.  Some people get burned out over the confusion.  

You're gonnal love it, just be patient.  BTW you better start shoveling a pathway to the delivery site, you got a lot of snow there.  You gotta love the rockies.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 06:40:31 am »
Ultimately we decided on the Optima..... the disposable filters (although i hope they come up with a recycleable one soon!).  

Congrats, we also ordered a 2005 Optima, 2 weeks ago, (2 more weeks to go and counting)

We were told the optional washable filter was available, and I ordered one with the spa. Were you told different?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 06:40:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42