What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test question  (Read 2354 times)

drprwnap

Wet test question
« on: April 01, 2005, 10:15:08 am »
Ok, we have a wet test tomorrow at the Hot Springs dealer.
Looking at the Sovereign, Vangard, and Envoy along with one Tiger River model (I forget which one). My problem is where do I start?  At the TR and work my way up through the Sovereign, Vangard, and Envoy ??? ??? My thinking is to start at the lower end (still good spas!) and work my way up???
Any feedback would be appreciated! :D :D

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

Wet test question
« on: April 01, 2005, 10:15:08 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Wet test question
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 10:49:06 am »
My only thought is since you are doing 4 tubs, take a notebook and unless everyone has a clear cut favorite, and its the same one, sleep on it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 10:49:22 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Michigander

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 11:26:54 am »
My wife and I have wet tested many tubs through different dealers.  I think one of the more problematic areas is the temp of the tubs.  Try to get them close to one another.

In the Hot Springs line.  Sovereing, Envoy,  and the Caspian and Bengal.

I don't know if it matters which order you go, but you may want to go back and forth.  If you are trying the Bengal (the one with the lounger) make sure you turn the jets on to get a good feel for that tub.  Have the sales guy show you how to use all of the controls.  Then use them when he is not helping you.  I found this particularly enlightening on the Sovereign (Not all the jets can be running all the time).  Push all the buttons play with all the nobs turn all the dials.  make sure it makes sense to you on how to use the tub.  Seems like Hot Springs (and others) could do a better job of labeling the dials.  The Tri-Flow valve what position operates which jets.

I found I had immediate reactions to the seating positions in each tub, and when I was going back and forth between tubs, I was just seeing if I could live with the compromises in the less expensive tub.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 01:56:30 pm »
You aren't going to like this answer, but honestly I can't see how you could wet test 4 different tubs in one day and come away with anything besides wrinkled skin.  I couldn't do it.  First of all, you really need to give each tub a good try: sit in every seat for a reasonable length of time, play with the controls, see if you are comfortable etc..

Depending on the temperature of the water, your tolerance for staying in the water may not be long enough to give each tub a fair test.  You would probably get the most out of the first tub tested, and then spend less and less time in each successive tub as you (over) heat up.  I guess you could stand around the showroom in your dripping bathing suit for at least a half an hour to cool off between each tub.  I doubt most people would be comfortable doing that, and doing so would undoubtedly wear out your welcome with the dealer.  

Why not try two tubs tomorrow and then if necessary, the other two on another day?  In any event, start with the tub that you think you are most interested first.  That way you will give at least that one a totally fair (to you and the tub) test.

Regards,

Bill

riddler

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 08:01:04 pm »
When you wet test , you will know right away which tub is for you. We tested five tubs , all ranging from Tiger River to Caldera and also Hot Springs. It was an easy choice for us. Everybody has different opinions on different jets and seating, but when you take your wet test you'll  know which spa you'll like better.

drprwnap

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 09:07:09 pm »
You aren't going to like this answer, but honestly I can't see how you could wet test 4 different tubs in one day and come away with anything besides wrinkled skin.  I couldn't do it.  First of all, you really need to give each tub a good try: sit in every seat for a reasonable length of time, play with the controls, see if you are comfortable etc..

Depending on the temperature of the water, your tolerance for staying in the water may not be long enough to give each tub a fair test.  You would probably get the most out of the first tub tested, and then spend less and less time in each successive tub as you (over) heat up.  I guess you could stand around the showroom in your dripping bathing suit for at least a half an hour to cool off between each tub.  I doubt most people would be comfortable doing that, and doing so would undoubtedly wear out your welcome with the dealer.  

Why not try two tubs tomorrow and then if necessary, the other two on another day?  In any event, start with the tub that you think you are most interested first.  That way you will give at least that one a totally fair (to you and the tub) test.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,
Your reply made perfect sense and I did like it.  I didn't think to try two tomorrow and come back later for the other two :o  As long as I can talk the wife into that!  :D :D :D
Thanks!

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 09:07:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42