What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which one????  (Read 2504 times)

MyOutdoors

Which one????
« on: March 31, 2005, 07:49:16 pm »
I've boiled my selection down to a Tiger River Caspian for $7,194 or a Superior Spa Malibu II for $5,799.  Has anyone had any experience with Superior Spas?  They claim to have top quality pumps and heaters, jet, etc.  They run on a high flow vs. low flow heat, both have ozonators and the Tiger has a circ pump.  The Tiger River dealer has called and said I will pay more in the long run with the superior?

Hot Tub Forum

Which one????
« on: March 31, 2005, 07:49:16 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Which one????
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 09:03:18 pm »
Did hey say why you would pay more.....Or was he using the force to know this..... ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 12:27:56 pm »
If this is Superior Spas out of Oklahoma, caveat emptor.  These goobers set up on the side of the road a few months ago offering "factory direct spas."  One of my customers stopped by and talked to them.  He asked where they were made.  "Oklahoma.  We sell them so cheap because we eliminate the middle man."

When my customer asked if they were from Oklahoma, they said "No, Shreveport, Louisiana.  We're reps."

My customer "Well, then doesn't that make you the middle man?"

Superior Spas "No, we're with the factory.  This spa is worth $10,000 but we're selling it this weekend for $4,799.  If you want a waterfall, we'll put one in.  If you want 100 jets, we'll put em in.  You order the spa, and we'll bring it back in about 6 weeks."

My customer "Who does service on them?"

Superior Spas "Anybody will work on them.  They're pretty simple."

Caveat emptor my friend.  Do the research on line and see what you find. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 12:56:59 pm »
I thought I had heard of that brand, but couldn't remember for the life of me, where!  I remember calling a company (here in Oklahoma) about what spas they sold and they said Superior.  Basically told me the same thing, cut the middle man, build it to specs, etc.

Good advice from East_TX!!!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 04:44:50 pm by Lori »
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 01:56:03 pm »
The key here is to understand you're definitely not talking about equal products (IMO). If you're looking to spend less money you can go with the Superior spa but its not as if you're getting an equal spa for less money, you're getting a lesser spa for less money (again, IMO). Having a local dealer, having a good warranty that you can trust to be honored, quality of manufacturing, track record, etc. are all things to consider but you have to decide what they mean to you as this is the difference between buying based on price and buying base on value.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mowgli1

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 02:05:07 pm »
The key here is to understand you're definitely not talking about equal products (IMO). If you're looking to spend less money you can go with the Superior spa but its not as if you're getting an equal spa for less money, you're getting a lesser spa for less money (again, IMO). Having a local dealer, having a good warranty that you can trust to be honored, quality of manufacturing, track record, etc. are all things to consider but you have to decide what they mean to you as this is the difference between buying based on price and buying base on value.

You hit the nail on the head. Price is only one consideration when buying.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 03:43:43 pm »
did you know if you spell out superior spas backwards, you get gulf coast spas? ;D :D ;D ;)LOL

MyOutdoors

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 06:27:26 pm »
They claim the superior has less "superior" insulation.  The dealer for superior has been around for a while and has two showrooms with a full service department.  These are made out of Oklahoma.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 06:27:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42