What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2nd wet test.  PDC Aruba Ultra  (Read 7423 times)

SpaTime

2nd wet test.  PDC Aruba Ultra
« on: March 30, 2005, 03:39:51 pm »
After wet testing the Master Spa, I went to the only other tuib avaiable for wet testing.  This was a handsome looking tub made by PDC (in WV?).  

PDC Aruba Ultra (top model of 3 available in this series)
List $7900.00
Non lounger, Multi LEDS, bubbler system
As I got into this tub, I relaxed and started trying out the seats.  All the jets seemed powerful, but I noted a lack of adjustability right off the bat.  While in the seats I asked the dealer how I could adjust the jets, and he showed my how (using the diverter on the other side of the tub (strike 1).  There wasn't really a jet that I could find to work my shoulders or neck.  (There may be some, but I couldn't find 'em).  I sat in one of the center seats and hurt my spine (a little bit) because the jets don't seem to be flush mounted (strike2).  I noticed the same thing on the seat opposite.  I prefer spa's that don't need to carry a warning (ie, careful when you lay back on that seat).  I have read about bubbler systems being nice when you just want to soak, so I asked the dealer to start up the one on this system.  Now this is the 1st bubbler that I have tried, but it was very obvious that after maybe a minute, the air coming out felt cold. (strike 3)  I also noted that when I set the air control about 1/2 way on 1 of the seats, I could hear a slight tapping.  I figured that was enough, and went back into the Master 750.

Well, at least I was able to narrow the field abit.  More after I check out some other tubs.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 04:33:18 pm by SpaTime »

Hot Tub Forum

2nd wet test.  PDC Aruba Ultra
« on: March 30, 2005, 03:39:51 pm »

calispagurl

• Cailifornia Spa Gurls Rule!~~~
Re: 2nd wet test.  PDC Aruba Ultra
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 04:13:05 pm »
what other tubs do you have interest in?
that is sooo great the you realize the adjustability is vital! ! ! !!

try sundance..ive heard good reviews...

they will probably let you wet test too..

;o)

SpaTime

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 04:35:19 pm »
Calispagurl, I am looking at everybody.  The only one I've ruled out thusfar seems to to PDC for the above reasons.  From the research I've done so far, I am a bit leary of the full foam models because of the leak repair process involved.  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 04:35:38 pm by SpaTime »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 04:40:32 pm »
From the research I've done so far, I am a bit leary of the full foam models because of the leak repair process involved.  

That a whole 'nother subject but you're selling yourself short in my opinion as leaks are not very prevalent at all in full foam spas and also much easier to fix than you've been led to believe. Either way, there should be many spas to choose from, take your time and check out as many as possible.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 05:34:31 pm »
Calispagurl, I am looking at everybody.  The only one I've ruled out thusfar seems to to PDC for the above reasons.  From the research I've done so far, I am a bit leary of the full foam models because of the leak repair process involved.  

DON'T!

I have a full foam spa.  I recently had a leak.  No foam digging, turned out to be the pump or the diverters.  Not really sure, but the tech fixed it without digging.  Not to mention that it is still under warranty, so the repair was covered, no matter how much or how little work the spa guy had to do!

You shouldn't let the ff vs. tp debate put you off of EITHER type of tub.  You could regret it!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

SpaTime

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 10:21:23 am »
Hey all,

I just said I was "a little leary" lol.  There are so many conciderations involved in my buying decisions (you should see how long it takes me to pick out toilet paper!) and ff is only one of them, so take heart you ff lovers, I am gonna give everyone a shot at my biz.

Thanks again to all for your feedback and support.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 11:07:19 am »
(you should see how long it takes me to pick out toilet paper!)

Welcome to the club. I can't buy gum without a complete evaluation of my choices. I asked for change for a $20 bill yesterday and it took me 5 minutes to decide exactly how I wanted it broken down (I went with a ten, five and 5 ones for those interested). Take your time, check out as many tubs as possible and try to wet test 2+.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 11:07:46 am »
I was curious as I have never heard of PDC.  Here is the tub he was looking at. (Could't find a picture of a non-lounger model

http://www.pdcspas.com/spas-that-seat-3-5.asp

My quick uninformed reaction -  I like that they call it a 5 person spa, and not a 5-6 person spa.  I like the back of the thigh jets on the lounger, that may cause floatation for some people, so the wet test would probably be real important.

Roomy footwell - important for when 4 or 5 people are using the tub.

On the website when you click for details on the the pumps it gives you information on the spa pak not the pumps.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 12:08:12 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 11:21:19 am »
Bill,
PDC is what I would consider a large regional manufacturer.  I would not consider them a national brand.  They are pretty big on this side of Pennsylvania and South Jersey.  When I say pretty big, I mean they have a presence/dealer in pretty much every market over here.
Chris
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 11:21:48 am by Chris_H »

SpaTime

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 11:37:04 am »
PDC can be described as a pick up line for those who are looking for economy.  I was told that they private labeled for thermospas until about 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 01:37:56 pm by SpaTime »

Bigbender

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 01:02:07 pm »
PDC's manufacturing plant is located in Williamsport, Pa. (north central). We have a local dealer so I wet tested an Aruba when we were shopping around and I floated more in that tub than any of the others tested. The jets in the lounge would be great to have for your legs, but I think that's what pushed me out of the water. There was a generous amount of jets in the seats, but I had to sink down until my nose was under water to get the top jets to hit me in the neck like my Coleman.

Their "Timeless" line may be made for economy minded shoppers, but their PDC tubs were in the same price range as other brands. The PDC that he used for demonstration was very nice. It was a 2004 Aruba Ultra with the stereo system, fibre optic lighting, and three pumps. He told us that it was originally priced at $11,800 but they had it reduced to $8,900 so they could get the 2005 model in.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 01:02:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42