What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need info on Sweetwater Lagunas Spa  (Read 8906 times)

thomascrtx

Need info on Sweetwater Lagunas Spa
« on: February 19, 2005, 01:22:34 am »
I visited the local Sundance dealer today. Most of the spas were a bit out of my price rance, but the salesman recommended the Sweetwater line, specifically the Lagunas model.

Has anyone had any experience with this model or know anything about it?

Thanks in advance,
CT

Hot Tub Forum

Need info on Sweetwater Lagunas Spa
« on: February 19, 2005, 01:22:34 am »

Tubber

Re: Need info on Sweetwater Lagunas Spa
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 08:10:27 am »
If you can step it up a little the Cayman is a nice upgrade over the Lagunas. The main differences will be the Lagunas is a 110 model, shallower with a smaller pump. It's usually only a few hundred more to step it up if they have any Caymans left over.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 10:22:44 am »
I agree...the Lagunas is nice but very lackluster,  if you can swing a couple of hundred dollars more, I think you'll be much better off in the long run with the Cayman model. The Sweetwater line is well made, they are manufactured by Sundance Spas, just without some of the glitz.
Good Luck...

thomascrtx

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 02:58:04 pm »
Thanks for the info. I am still looking around. The Cayman is cool, but I really don't like the lounge seat. I would rather have the room for more people.

I think the 2005 model Lagunas has 220v capabilities, but I will check on that.

Thanks again.

hottubber

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 03:11:51 pm »
The 2004 and the 05 are available as 240 volt units. If you are looking for a non-lounger, then look even a little higher at the Bahia. It may be a little more money, but in the long run, nice tub...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 08:48:48 pm »
If you have an Artesian dealer near you - check out their Island series line.

They come in different sizes and configurations and you may find one at your price point and configuration. They have 2 model sizes without lounges and they have 3 to 4 jet and pump configurations on each size - good luck!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 08:35:36 am »
The 2004 and the 05 are available as 240 volt units. If you are looking for a non-lounger, then look even a little higher at the Bahia. It may be a little more money, but in the long run, nice tub...

A friend of mine finally made the plunge on a spa, after many months of soaking with us.  He is on a budget, and found out about Gulf Coast, which with the help of this and a couple other spa boards, I was able to steer him clear of.  He finally bought a Bahia from the Sundance dealer in our area.  It's a floor model, and fully set up I think he paid between $5K and $6K.  It will be interesting to see it in action.  I think he made a good decision.  
Brewman
Brewman

surfinstro

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 09:22:00 pm »
I agree with Hottubber, the Bahia is an outstanding spa and worth the the extra money.  Look at it long term, the Bahia will last you at least 15 years and probably more. At 15 years it will cost around $18 a month!!  Test in it before you buy.  Test both spas, the Lagunas & the Bahia.
Sweetwater Spas are now Sundance 700 Series.
Go to: www.sundancespas.com

hottubber

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 07:34:26 am »
surfin,

Nice to finally see you on board. I filled up the Bahia in one of my showrooms on friday, sold 4 of them on Saturday. WOW :o. This truly is a nice spa for the money, not alot of frills, S/S jets, air bubbles, etc. Just a good value for the dollar.
Surf,
You may want to talk to smarty about this model, it's a great price point.
;D

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 02:18:36 pm »
I like the Palermo; really nice seating design.

hottubber

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 03:21:03 pm »
neptune,

I am not much of a lounger person, but your right, the Palermo is a nice spa with  unique seating positions.

It is a little larger than the Bahia but still well made... ;D

thomascrtx

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 08:31:09 pm »
Wow, thanks for all the info. You all have been extremely helpful.

As far as price goes, what do you think is a good price for the Lagunas? What about the Bahia?

The dealer has mentioned prices around $4800-$5000 for the Lagunas, installation, and a year of chemicals. Do you think this is reasonable? What would be a good price for the Bahia?

If I can get the Bahia for not much more, I will go with that; otherwise, I will probably stick with the Lagunas.

If it varies by region, I live in Austin, Texas.

Thanks again for all the help.

hottubber

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 07:37:10 am »
thomas,

I think that if your wallet can stretch just a little bit, go with the Bahia. I have found that not many buyers come back to us and say, I wish I bought a smaller spa. I don't know the Texas market, but regardless, the Bahia is a better overall value, UNLESS... you don't have enough space for the larger spa OR your tapped out for electric.
The Lagunas CAN run off of a 20 AMP 120 volt, vs the Bahia, 50 AMP 240 only.

Good Luck, I know you'll do the right thing... ;D

Hottubber ;)

thomascrtx

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 10:29:45 pm »
Alright, I decided to take everyone's advice. I just bought the Bahia. I bargained with the dealer for awhile, but I got the '05 Bahia, delivery, cover, ozone, and a year of chemicals for $5500. I am pretty pleased with the deal.

The spa should arrive within a month. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for all the advice - it really helped.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 08:15:25 am »
That's a great price!

I got a price of $6350 but it also included a cover lifter and an upgraded filter to the Sundance system.

Good luck with the tub!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 08:15:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42