What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemical Rankings ?  (Read 6108 times)

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
Re: Chemical Rankings ?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 12:55:35 am »
The only thing I do not like about Soft Soak is the cloudy water when the jet's are on. My dealer had me bump up my calcium and it is at 320. But the water is still cloudy so I will let it works it's way down to 200.  The chemical rep was telling them that higher calcium would clear up the water. There must have been a sales contest that month. It just did not work at all. However it does help with foam on the surface. On the possative side it is super easy to keep control of. The water is always perfect when it is off. I just wish it was not so milky looking when it is running.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 12:55:35 am »

shabba34

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 08:41:40 am »

Thanks Steve.  I've used Spa Guard in the past, but my current dealer won't be carrying it.  It's being carried by the local HS store, where I didn't buy my tub, so I don't know what to do.  As I mentioned, I've having a lot of green tint problems, and my friend with a HS Grandee, pearl shell, doesn't have any with the same city water and Spa Guard chems.  

The green tint problem, may be coming from copper in the water, if so then a whole new set of issues.

poolboy34

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 11:05:56 pm »
green tint can also be caused by a high total alkalinity as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 11:05:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42