What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Top Choice...Wet Test 2005 Artesian!  (Read 4774 times)

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
New Top Choice...Wet Test 2005 Artesian!
« on: March 25, 2005, 10:41:53 pm »
Hi everyone!!!!

Well the wife and I made a 225 mile round trip journey through Easter weekend traffic and Friday rush hour to see the Artesian dealer on the north side of Austin TX.

Boy are we glad that we did!

I started this quest wanting loungers...then decided we hated them....well we are back to liking the lounger again!

We wet tested a 2005 Artesian Dove Canyon.  A little birdie suggested that I check them out...so we did!  They did not have a Piper Glen but the Dove is the same model but with a lounger.

Each seat is controlled by an individual pump.  I thought this may have been overkill but it was SOOOOOO simple to control each seat without the need for playing the diverter valve game that we always seem to play.  The ease of adjusting each seat via each pump was really really nice.  In addition you can adjust all the jets themselves individually if you so desire....very adjustable overall for us!

Lounger.....I was a little bouyant in it but really liked the way the jets hit my hamstrings while lying in it....I enjoyed it...not my favorite seat but did like it!  My wife found it necessary to use her left hand to stay in but did not float away like in the other brands that we have tested.  She liked it but stated she would not spend tons of time in that seat...she had some other favorites!

The two seats that are opposite the lounger have very good back/neck therapy.  You can also adjust the neck jets on a separate switch/lever type thing so that you can control that as well.  We liked it softer than harder.

There are also jets such as the whirlpool ones that provide excellent lower back massage or leg massage depending on how you sit.

Foot well is nice although it is not as powerfull as the Optima we tested.  However, when you turn it on and remember to turn on the jets (remember you can individually turn each one to adjust power) then they were nice for me and the missus...LOL.

Hot Tub Forum

New Top Choice...Wet Test 2005 Artesian!
« on: March 25, 2005, 10:41:53 pm »

Guttboy

Re: New Top Choice...Wet Test 2005 Artesian!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 10:52:45 pm »
The filter has 3 cartridges and a circ pump that runs 24hours as well.  The control panel is laid out nicely and you can turn on each seat from that as well as at each seat.

The spa came equipped with an LED lighting system that we actually thought was cheesy at first but grew to like it.  The colors change just like most spa's but in each of the head pillows there is a lighted "Artesian" logo.  It also changes with the colors....lemme tell you when it gets dark this looks amazingly cool!

The owner showed us just about everything there was on the spa that we could think of and was not High Pressure at all.  His salesguy brought up all the "unique" features...full foam, separate pumps, high quality ozone...etc...same stuff you hear from all the manufacturers.

So what were we talking on price....hmmmmm....

For the 2005 Piper or Dove Canyon would be $10,600.

This includes the lighting system, CD ozone, Cover, 4 months of chemicals, steps, delivery and setup.

Our drawback is that we are 100+ miles from the dealer.  Each service call will be $75 because of the distances involved.  However the warranty is not ProRata so if something busts at 4 years its the same as if it busts at 1 week.

So far this ranks up there as our first choice!

We will go back and wet test Sundance line to see...

Another noteworthy point.....The jets are NOT the most powerful on the block.  We found the Caldera's to be the strongest of the bunch when wet testing.  Even though they are not the strongest....we considered them the best for adjustability and feel!!!!  We dont like having our skin blown off and it was sooooooo easy to adjust them to something that was perfect for us!  You can get a Skin Blowing Off sensation if you run it all the way at max but not as hard as in some other spa's!

Hope this helps you all out!!!! :)

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 07:31:23 am »
hey guttboy, i might be one of the little birdies that mentioned that spa.  i bought the dove canyon and the wife and i just love it.  man my wife thought i was bad driving 57 miles to wettest, i have to give it to you on that drive, i don't think i would of done it., anyway that's a pretty good price for that spa, is it goin inside or outside?  also after wet testing several brands i realized very strong piercing jet pressure isn't for me, the dove has significant pressure, very soothing and massaging.  plus the pump per seat thing is a 10 year patent by artesian, although i'm pretty sure thermospa also does this. but that is very nice, cause water diverters are a pain in the a$$!  so did you like the dove better than the optima?  are you gonna wettest the cameo next?  your talking about 2K difference in price there. good luck and keep me updated. happy easter!

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 07:42:30 am »
One of the main reasons I did not go with the Artesian line was the dealer was in another state 65 miles away across to rivers.  I think you get the point.   He said he sells and services spas in my area, but I just did not trust he would be there if the the thing breaks.  I also like the idea of buying all the chemicals from a local guy and building a relationship with him, so if a problem does come up he will take care of you.  I was quoted a price of $8600 on the Piper Glen and Dove Canyon, all the options you stated minus the lighted head rest, that was for a 2005.

Guttboy

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 09:12:06 am »
We are going to retest the Optima and the Cameo to see how they compare.  There is a 2K price difference between the two yes....however....over the life of the spa and our anticipated useage this will become less apparant to us as we enjoy the spa.

Still not sure which one we will end up going with though....I still have to wet test the HS models but from our tests prior to Texas in the HS we just did not like them all that much as far as hydro massage goes.

Ill be sure to keep ya'll posted!

mowgli1

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 10:29:31 am »
We tested the  2005 Optima and 2005 Maxxus. Both were very impressive but we liked the Maxxus much better. The lounger in the Maxxus fit both my wife and I very well.  As other posters have noted the Maxxus is not a party tub,there are really only comfortable jetted seating for four people. However this is really what we are looking for. You get a very spacious feeling in the Maxxus. The biggest difference we found was in the leg room when your feet are on the foot dome. In the Maxxus you can extend your  legs all the way. In the Optima you have to pull your knees up and are crunched in an uncomfortable position. Also in the Optima you feel like you are sitting right on the floor of the tub. The Maxxus is four and one half inches deeper. The seat is a lot higher off the bottom.  I know this will not be an issue for some people (shorter legs). For me it was a major deal. Both great tubs, excellent quality.

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 06:19:24 pm »
I have to agree w/ mowgli I wet tested the piper today (i will give a complete explanation in another thread), I did like the ease of ajustability,  but the tub did not have the pressure of the optima (which I also wet tested today), it was a very good looking tub & thought it was impressive till I tried the optima. I am 6'4" 260 lbs.I felt a little scrunched in the optima so I scheduled a wet test in the maxxus for tues & yes I do know were plum island is (about 10 minutes away) great striper fishing!

Guttboy

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 08:18:09 pm »
Sam,

I grew up in Chelmsford Mass....spent my summers at Plum Island and Hampton Beach!!!!!

Folks live in Freeport Maine now!

I miss that area alot!  And yes the fishing ROCKS there!!!!!!

Regards,

Mike :)

Greenraisin

• See you down life's highway!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 09:36:49 pm »
Guttboy,

You guys are testing them all! You don't even need to buy one, just keep moving around to the different dealers!

Just kidding. I know you all didn't like the Calderas due to the high pressure, but you can adjust them. Did your dealer show you how to adjust the jets? I know some of the smaller ones on our Tahitian aren't adjustable, but the big ones are and can be turned down nicely. The wife doesn't like the high pressure. The diverters will also shift some of the pressure from one to the other if you want to tone it down even more. I like to turn the diverter to one seat AND turn on the air to increase the pressure! I usually start out in the lounger with the Jet 2 on the low setting, with no air. After a few minutes, I turn Jet 2 to the high position, all with the diverter pushing the lounger, and then add the air! I then reverse the process ending up with a smooth, low level massage. Then on to the other seats, adjusting as I go depending on the aches and pains of the day!

Now that you're back to loungers, you ought to give the Calderas another try. We are loving ours and finding it more adjustable as we go. Sometimes a dealer will try and "blow you away" with the power and not let you experience the full spectrum.

Good luck and continue to keep us posted on the testing!

BTW, you told me you were building out between Camp Bullis and 1604. Is that some new subdivisions going in or an existing burb? Used to hunt out there a lot.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 09:38:00 pm by Greenraisin »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 09:50:16 pm »
The Artesian tubs are great - that's for sure!  We wet tested the Piper Glen and loved it - it just came down to price.  Enjoy the rest of your wet testing - can't wait to hear the nitty gritty decision points and which one wins!

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Guttboy

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 10:50:22 pm »
Green,

Its in the heights at Stone Oak.  thats the sub...

The caldera's we just could not get comfortable in  compared to the others that we have tried (water pressure aside).  Its something about the layout that we just didnt like.

For now I think this is down to the Artesian (with all the downfalls of it being 100 miles away to the dealer) and the Optima's.

I was going to test an Arctic but JPKrieg hasnt gotten back with me on where a dealer is...he thinks that there is one coming in Boerne Tx but havent seen it yet.

As far as the idea about going from dealer to dealer wet testing...LOL....we were saying the same thing!

Will keep yall posted!

Regards,

:)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 10:50:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42