What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HOT SPRING HELP !  RIGHT AWAY PLEASE?  (Read 3647 times)

shoemaker

HOT SPRING HELP !  RIGHT AWAY PLEASE?
« on: March 19, 2005, 02:19:52 pm »
Ok Hot Spring Dealers - I have a mojor problem.

My ENVOY was due for a water change so I tripped the breakers and drained the water. I then cleaned the tub and the filters and re-filled the tub.

When I turn the breakers back on, the Power light just keeps blinking at me and I have no controls. None of the buttons on the control panel work. The Manual says to turn the breaker back off for at least 30 seconds and then switch it on again because the Hight Temp sensor tripped. I have done this a dozen times now and no luck. I filled the tub with cold water as it says to do in the manual.

I have sone circulation and the bubbles are rising from the center of the tub - ozone I presume. This is a 2004 model.

Any ideas?

Thanks !

:-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 02:21:44 pm by shoemaker »

Hot Tub Forum

HOT SPRING HELP !  RIGHT AWAY PLEASE?
« on: March 19, 2005, 02:19:52 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: HOT SPRING HELP !  RIGHT AWAY PLEASE?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 02:24:36 pm »
Turn off both breakers, let her sit for 30 seconds or more. Time it.

Then turn on only the 30 amp breaker. Leave the 20 off.

Run the jets for a few minutes, wait for the ozone bubbles to look normal again.

Then turn on the 20 breaker and all should be fine.

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

shoemaker

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 02:30:29 pm »
Hi Chas,

I have done that at least a dozen times and it won't reset.

I called my dealer and they said the same thing (but I wasn't talking to an actual service person). So they gave me a voice mailbox to a service person and I hope they will call me back quickly.

Can you PM me your phone number - it might be faster to talk then to type.

Thanks.

shoemaker

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 02:45:11 pm »
Thanks for the help Chas.

I'll let you know how I make out.

:-/

h20bill

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 12:06:06 am »
make sure to fill the spa through the grey filter standpipe always. this will help purge the air out of the system. second as stated earlier, flip on the 30 amp breaker first, run both pumps for a minute or two, use your diverters to get water through all jet menus, make sure you have good circulation from the floor return, then flip on the 20 amp breaker. you may want to leave the filter off of the grey standpipe until the spa has reached temp just to be sure the problem is not caused by a bad filter, another good trick i use is to flip on the 30 amp with hose running full blast down the grey standpipe, this helps purge out air in the circ pump and heater. If all this does't work, open your equipment door and work the air bubble out of the vinyl tubing feeding the circ pump by sqeezing the tubing. For some reason some hot springs are more tempemental when it comes to drain and refill. your dealer should be pretty skippy with all this stuff too

shoemaker

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 08:24:02 pm »
Hey Chas,

It seems the sensors that turn the heater on were frozen. Although the day I did changed the water the air temp was 55 and the water that I put into the tub was 54, so not sure how they could have frozen. But the service guy connected another set to the circuit board, the control panel came back on,a dn after running the pumps for a few minutes he re-connected my sensors and all was well.

The tub is now running just fine again.

He didn't even put a charge in for the service. I mean the sensors should have been covered even if they were bad so I didn't expect to get charged for that, but figured I would get a bill for the trip out and possibly his time. Nope ! Thanks Hot Spring !!

Thanks for you help.  :D

Hey h20bill,

Thanks for the tips. My service rep also suggested filling directly through the grey pipe filter tube.

Thanks.   ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:31:31 pm »
Glad it worked out. Sounds like you're in hot water now!

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:31:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42