What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone or not??  (Read 1898 times)

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Ozone or not??
« on: March 27, 2005, 07:27:16 pm »
Is an ozonator somt hign that is a MUST in a hot tub or not?? Do they make things easier?  Any INfo would be great!  

I am Looking at a hydropool there special editon or there 5000 series. The SE (I beileve) I can not upgrade and it doesn't come with the ozone.  

THanks so much for your help.  THis has been a great site!!

Jaymi

Hot Tub Forum

Ozone or not??
« on: March 27, 2005, 07:27:16 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ozone or not??
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 08:08:51 pm »
Ozone is not necessary in a hot tub but some people say it helps with the amount of chemicals needed to maintain healthy water.

Do a search on ozone here and you will see that it does get debated. My opinion is that as long as you chemically treat the water correctly you will be fine. I have an above ground pool and mostly use chlorine in it (once and a while I use Polyquat algaecide IF the algae gets out of control - I think I used it 3 times in 4 years). Ozone's effectiveness is mainly to help chlorine do it's job.

Hope this helps.

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 09:10:45 am »
Thanks, I did look into it a little last night and saw that you can take it or leave it!

Thanks again for your help.

Jaymi

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 04:25:28 pm »
Hey Jaymi,

As the rep for Hydropool, I can tell you that the special edition IS available with ozone.

Pretty amazing spa for the money!

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 04:25:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42