What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub comparison  (Read 5780 times)

mike-n-bon

hot tub comparison
« on: March 26, 2005, 07:07:21 pm »
 ???
Hello - new here, and quite thankful for your input and response.

We are thinking of spending $9300 (tax included) for a Marquis 2005 Reward, fully loaded (cover, lift, stereo, remotes, installation, etc.).  Is it a fair price?

With all the experience here, how would you say Marquis compares to:
Hotspring
Caldera
MasterSpa
DimensionOne
Sundance (IMO, I think they are crap)
BullFrog
ThermoSpa (honestly don't know wanything about ThermoSpa -- seem kind of flighty).

Thank you!
;D

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub comparison
« on: March 26, 2005, 07:07:21 pm »

mowgli1

Re: hot tub comparison
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 07:21:26 pm »
It's obvious you don't know anything about Sundance either. I just tested the new Optima and Maxxus and they were two of the best I have seen. Let's hear WHY you think Sundance spas are crap.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 08:22:39 pm by mowgli1 »

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 07:52:02 pm »
My personal opinion would be to eliminte Bullfrog and Thermo. Don't know much about Master though they definitely have some loyal owners. . You really can't go wrong with any of the others. Take your time and find the spa and dealer that work best for you. I am also curious about your opinion of Sundance.

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 08:15:21 pm »
Personal tastes are to each his own...LOL

You might want to consider Artesian in that lineup....I did not until the other day and they are at the top of my list for spa's.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 08:22:41 pm »
I think your list for the most part is fair...I would say Hot Springs....D-1....Marquis....Sundance are all very comparable.....I think you will also find those who say....Artsian....Arctic....Coleman....perhaps a couple of others would be in the same grouping ....I have heard very poor things about Thermo Spas and for Master I do not respect the way they do business but they have several happy owners here....

mike-n-bon

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 08:46:36 am »
My problem with Sundance is probably more the local dealer than the product.  He really truned me off.  He was desperate, calling me repeatedly and dropping his price.  I thought such a desperate person must have real trouble moving his product.

I didn't care for any of the configurations or the jets on the sundance.  I haven't looked at one for over two years.

mowgli1

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 09:18:01 am »
That makes sense. If you don't have confidence in the dealer it's hard to be interested in their product. Seating  layout and jets are a personal preference. That being said I still feel Sundance makes a quality product.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 10:53:34 am »
Personally, mike-n-bon, you need to wet test!  Have you tested the Marquis?  Or anything else?  This to me, above all, is the most important part of the buying process!  (I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it!)

You are looking at good brands.  I don't think I would consider the Thermospa, but I have read so many posts about their high pressure sales tactics, and the fact you can not wet test one!

Schedule some wet tests and see what you like!  I know it seems like such a small thing, but it can make a huge difference!

Just my thoughts!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

mike-n-bon

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 06:01:40 pm »
Thank you all for your replies.  I know that I am looking at a quality product.  My only hesitation now is the price.  I have not been able to find anything to give me any sort of relevant standing as to the price versus quality.  I was quoted $9300 (2005 Reward, with cover and lift, tax, delivery and set-up, stereo, 4-button remote, stereo remote, house remote).  I think I would've closed the deal if it were $8300.  

Is $9300 high, high average, or average (certainly could'nt be anywhere near wholesale!)?? ;) 8)

poolboy34

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 06:44:50 pm »
that's seems like a pretty fair price considering all of the goodies you are getting with it.  Most stereo options are about 800-1000$ extra, and most don't come with 2 remotes.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 07:46:50 pm »
My problem with Sundance is probably more the local dealer than the product.  He really truned me off.  He was desperate, calling me repeatedly and dropping his price.  I thought such a desperate person must have real trouble moving his product.

I recently wet tested 4 different brand tubs. I've had one dealer (brand is not important) that started calling me multiple times just days after the wet test.

I didn't return the calls because;

(A) We hadn't made a decision yet.

(B) I suspected that once I told him his tub had not made the final cut, that his attitude would take a sharp turn down.

Sure enough, when I finally answered the phone and politely gave him the bad news, he reacted just as I suspected he would.

Too bad because we haven't bought the spa yet, but he sure as heck has burned his bridge.

To the dealers out there...what is the ethical standard for making follow up calls? Does a wet test obligate a customer to endure high-pressure sales/multiple soliciting phone calls?

Believe it or not, my wife said she was going to call all the dealers back to thank them for their time, after the purchase. Is this a mistake?

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 07:58:34 pm »

Believe it or not, my wife said she was going to call all the dealers back to thank them for their time, after the purchase. Is this a mistake?

I tend to think this is common courtesy!  I did the same thing, because all of the dealers were really great to me, answering my numerous questions, putting up with my multiple visits, and multiple wet tests.  There time is just as valuable as mine, so a call to thank them for that time is a nice touch!  (Or at least, I thought so!)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 08:40:24 pm »

I tend to think this is common courtesy!  

That's what we were thinking. Since we haven't received high pressure follow-up calls from anyone else, I would hope the other dealers will appreciate the call.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 09:58:15 pm »

To the dealers out there...what is the ethical standard for making follow up calls? Does a wet test obligate a customer to endure high-pressure sales/multiple soliciting phone calls?

It is interesting most large ticket items....according to supposed market research indicate that a customer wants or appreciates a follow up call .....I am not one for being pushy and I think I am to lax about the follow up call, but in reality depending on how it is handled it can prove beneficial to both the customer and dealer: as a example of what Chas posted about losing a sale due to totally false information, you have the opportunity to help someone separate some of the hype and it is always good to have 3rd party source that someone can look at like this board to see who is being honest and who is not....

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
;)Re: hot tub comparison
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 10:52:18 pm »
If a salesperson called and left a message stated that he/she was doing a follow up, and if I had any more questions to call back, I could expect and appreciate that. Sometimes things are best left unsaid. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

;)Re: hot tub comparison
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 10:52:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42