What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Silver Pillow   Does it really WORK???  (Read 2116 times)

jmoll

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Silver Pillow   Does it really WORK???
« on: March 25, 2005, 10:02:46 pm »
 ???After reading all that about the chemicals and what eats what???The $66 Silver Pillow that D-1 sell for their Spa - Does it really work????????

Hot Tub Forum

Silver Pillow   Does it really WORK???
« on: March 25, 2005, 10:02:46 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Silver Pillow   Does it really WORK???
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 10:08:05 am »
Yes, they do work.  It is not really that different than a Nature2 cartridge. Yes, it is bigger and more expensive - and they claim it can go six months. But two of them cost just about the same as three N2 - and I personally would rather have the extra water change.  

Water is the cheapest chemical you can add to your spa, and it has the biggest effect on clarity, smell, balance and 'feel.' I have plenty of D1 owners who come in to buy their N2 cartridges every four months...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wetone

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 04:39:15 pm »
We use a regular Nature 2 cartridge in our D1 spa. Works very well, and it does make a differance in the water quality. Much easier to care for and less foam.

h20bill

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 11:08:44 pm »
most of the silver ion products will help in the war on bacteria, just remember that lables on these products are decieving, they would have you believe that if you buy these you will not need chlorine or bromine. To rely on silver ion anything even with ozone, would be like taking a bb gun to viet nam. Remember that in the world of pools and spas there are alot of  lures that catch more fishermen than fish. put these things in perspective with reasonable expectations and weigh out the cost vs. the benfit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 11:08:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42