What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: dilema purchased one brand now I like another too  (Read 4753 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
dilema purchased one brand now I like another too
« on: March 23, 2005, 07:22:08 pm »
Well, I introduced myself yesterday online and was overwhelmed by the replies.  Thank you all for being so welcoming.

Now as I said, I purchased the Arctic spas Tundra signature series.  I am on vacation in Erie Pa, with my wife and young son and happened to come accross a sundance dealer.  

I like the sundance optima but was not in love with it.  I just viewed the 2005 and I think that I have been bitten in the ass with it.  I really think it is a sharp tub.

Now the dealer was really sleezy and made me a little uncomfortable.  Can anyone let me know what I should be expecting to pary for this tub in canadian funds as well any info from arctic owners and optima owners.

Just when I think I have it all figured out, a screw ball.  And baseball season has not even started yet.

thank you in advanced, one confused spa buyer.

Hot Tub Forum

dilema purchased one brand now I like another too
« on: March 23, 2005, 07:22:08 pm »

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
Re: dilema purchased one brand now I like another
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 08:03:56 pm »
Bosco,

We are looking at the 2005 Optima....with the ozone, cover, steps, lifter, chems....out the door we were looking at 8850.00 plus tax....no dickering on price at all just the initial quote from the dealer.  I am pretty sure that is about the price they will settle on as most dealers here have not played the "have I got a deal for you" game.

Hope that helps...we really liked the Optima....no chance at hitting an Arctic because there are no dealers...however JPKrie emailed me and said they may have one about 50 miles north of us....so may check them out as well...waiting to hear from him.

Good luck!

Guttboy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 08:04:50 pm »
Sorry Bosco.....that is $8850 in US funds...not sure what the exchange rate or how it works up there in Canadia!!! ;)

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 08:11:53 pm »
hi, well all i can say is the tundra looks like an awsome tub, how does it wet test?  the closest artic dealer to me was about 250 miles away, so i couldn't buy an arctic.  but i can tell you this, i wet tested a lot of major brands sundance, marquis, saratoga, artesian, and just looked at twice as many.   looks can be deceiving, just by "looking" the tundra kicks the optima's butt in the looks category.  i wet tested the optima, your not missing much.  i ended up buying an artesian dove canyon, fell in love with the artesian platinum class tubs.   also i was looking at the arctic tundra legend tub, i don't know if that's the same tub you have.  that was the one i was comparing to the optima.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 08:38:27 pm »
The tundra was a great wet test.  I loved it, however, when you get into the price range that I am gettin to, I find myself second guessing myself like crazy.

I got the tundra signature series for 11500can.  That is the standard then they throw in almost everything else you could imagine.

I am really happy with the tub, but I find that so many people are slamming the arctic that it is making me second guess my decision.  

I have to say though, the new optima is really sharp looking.  I will be giving up some size though, the tundra is 540gal.  optima 485gal.  

I guess I have to go with my first instinct.  I wish I could just get the tub right now.  I am waiting for my cement guy to come and do the driveway and back patio.  The sooner that it comes the better.

Oh man, I think that my wife is going to leave me if I keep bugging her.  I just want my tub so I can forget about this part.

what to do.......what to do?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 08:45:03 pm »
Hi..

Don't worry about your spa if you wet tested and like it....than it is good for you....and actually very few bash Arctic spas... just the way that they seem to be sold by by some of the Arctic guys.....I think most will say they appear to be a quality product....I have not seen one in person....relax and enjoy...

Guttboy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 09:09:48 pm »
Bosco....

Only YOU can know what is right for YOU!

If you like the spa then it is the best spa in the world!

That is ALL that matters.  I personally like the Sundance Optima (so far).  My buddy LOVES his HS Sovereign...I personally dont like it.

So bottom line it comes down to what YOU like...and dont go by looks alone....like everyone says...gotta wet test to be sure!

Enjoy whichever one you get....that is the best spa! :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 09:35:43 pm »
 I am on vacation in Erie Pa, with my wife and young son and happened to come accross a sundance dealer.  .

You went to Erie on purpose?  JUST KIDDING, I was born and raised there. They have a Sundance dealer? I'm going to have to check the website. I know of a Hot Springs dealer (Presque Isle Tubs)  Say Hi to Mom for me?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 11:16:59 pm »
yeah I went there on purpose.  Where I am in Canada we pay 15% sales tax.  Here in PA you dont pay tax on clothes.  It is worth our time.  Not to mention my 18month old son can go swimming and stuff like that.

It is close to home so we went.  I cant think of the name of the spa store but they sell jacuzzi, sundance and sweetwater tubs.  Pretty big store, now that I have been away and thought about it, I am happy about my arctic spa decision.  

problem solved.......for now

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 05:57:24 am »
I am really happy with the tub, but I find that so many people are slamming the arctic that it is making me second guess my decision.  

Bosco; I don't see many posts at all slamming the Arctic tub. I have been hanging around here for many years and do not remember but a few post's slamming the Arctic tub as a good choice. I for one put them in my top ten.

I do however hope you didn't fall for the retoric of there sales pitch of superiority over the rest, because you will be dissapointed. If your expecting it to be more energy effiecient than the rest, it won't be. But if it's comfortable and last's with little problems for the duration of your ownership or till you buy another, then it has served it's purpose.
Retired

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 07:00:58 am »
thanks for the reply.  I could care less about the energy efficency speach that they give.  I figure if I am forking out over 10k on something, I have to expect to pay a premium for using it.  If I wanted a hummer, I would not be sealing the deal if the sales guy said its great on gas.  

I chose the arctic for several reasons.
First, the look of the tub is one of the nicest that I have seen.
Second, the options that were provided witht the tub were top notch.
Third, the warranty is great five years pluse lifetime on shell.
Fourth, the store is accross the street and from what I have read, Arctic really backs their product with great customer service.
Fifth, the extras.  I may have paid the set price, but they gave me tons of extras with my purchase.  Were talking chemicals, cover, cover lifter, forever floor, deluxe northern ligts five lights several colors, cedar steps a bar and stools and all the accessories that I could ever require.  It also comes with the exotic jet package.

Last but not least, I loved it when I wet tested it.  

With all that said, when I wait for things, I tend to research and research.  Eventually, other things capture my eye and I start thinking that other products may be superior to my purchase.  I just need to get the tub home so I can enjoy it.

Thanks for the help, oh yeah, the wife told me that we are getting the arctic spa, that could be why I have decided not to go with the sundance.  

A happy wife is a happy life.  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 07:43:27 am »
yeah I went there on purpose.  Where I am in Canada we pay 15% sales tax.  Here in PA you dont pay tax on clothes.  It is worth our time.  Not to mention my 18month old son can go swimming and stuff like that.

It is close to home so we went.  I cant think of the name of the spa store but they sell jacuzzi, sundance and sweetwater tubs.  Pretty big store, now that I have been away and thought about it, I am happy about my arctic spa decision.  

problem solved.......for now

Glad your happy, now don't look back. Like computers, someone will come along with something faster and cheaper, but as many here say, 6 months in you won't remember what you paid.

Where at in Canada?  In any part that I use to see from my bedroom window?  I think it is Long Point that is right across from Erie and visible on clear days.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 10:33:56 am »
A happy wife is a happy life.

and further more if she's happy, everybody is happy! amen!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 10:33:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42