What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pricing information  (Read 4209 times)

rtr

Pricing information
« on: April 26, 2010, 12:17:52 am »
My wife really wants a hottub, she doesn’t need super powerful jets, just something nice and warm and relaxing to sit in.  We both seem to think the cleanwater system is preferable in terms of not having chlorine bothering our skin and smelling.  It appears the cheapest tub that meets these needs is the Tiger River Sumatran.

First off is there another tub we should consider?

Second is the price on these typically negotiable?  Our local dealer seems very nice, they quoted us $6475 delivered with cover, cover assist, steps and relocation of existing power plug to meet local code (wiring is done box just has to be moved farther from tub).

Can anyone comment about how good that price is?  Thanks for your time..

Hot Tub Forum

Pricing information
« on: April 26, 2010, 12:17:52 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Pricing information
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:57:43 am »
Welcome to the forum.  My casual observation is that is indeed a fair price, possibly a good to great price.  It sounds inline with others I have hard, recognizing that prices vary a little around the country by many factors, but you are definitely not getting ripped off.   I've know several users who have bought that model and been happy.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:52:44 pm »
I think the price is probably in line however....I would not let the "Clean Water System" or "Freshwater System" deter you from looking at other brands. These are a well marketed trade name for Watkins that you can duplicate in several differant brands if you want to avoid Chlorine or Bromine.

Often the illusion is that it is easier and less expensive than using a traditional DiChlor system but that is not the case....DiChlor with an ozone system is probably one of the simplest and least expensive systems in the industry. If you do it correct you wont have any more chlorine in your spa than you do your drinking water.

I use a frog system with bromine concentrate and have no smell or drying yet my water is always clean.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 04:28:12 pm »
I think the price is probably in line however....I would not let the "Clean Water System" or "Freshwater System" deter you from looking at other brands. These are a well marketed trade name for Watkins that you can duplicate in several differant brands if you want to avoid Chlorine or Bromine.

Actually if its what I think it is that Cleanwater system has nothing to do with Watkins spas but is an aftermarket bactericide/algaecide. Those spin what they think people want to hear, "chlorine free". You can try it but I'm with Stuart, you have to use a sanitizer as well or you are asking for trouble. You don't hear long time chlorine users saying they need this, its almost always someone who has never owned a spa and doesn't realize how well chlorine works as that’s the person they market to because of misinformed fear of chlorine. Heck, I add the chlorine as I exit my spa so its largely dissipated by the time I get back in the next day.

All this is separate from the spa however as you can use whatever you want on whatever spa you buy. If you try this Clearwater stuff just have some chlorine ready cause you'll need it IMO.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rtr

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 12:32:36 am »
Thanks for the info.  Just to clarify the "Cleanwater" system I am referencing is called "FreshWater III Corona Discharge" on the manufacturers website.  Meaning it is a constant pump through a silver ion filter.  In addition we are drawn towards the Silk Balance water treatment program.

So are we foolish to believe that the "FreshWater" system along with the Silk balance program will result in less odor and skin irritation than a "regular" tub?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 08:11:40 am »

So are we foolish to believe that the "FreshWater" system along with the Silk balance program will result in less odor and skin irritation than a "regular" tub?

With no personal experience with that system, but lots of experience of seeing new hot tub owners try a bunch of things, I will say almost all new owners will at one time or other experience smelly lousy looking water. What ever system you use takes time to adjust to and mistakes will be made.  I think many of us would say don't let this be the sole deciding factor in your purchase.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:52:36 am »
Thanks for the info.  Just to clarify the "Cleanwater" system I am referencing is called "FreshWater III Corona Discharge" on the manufacturers website.  Meaning it is a constant pump through a silver ion filter.  In addition we are drawn towards the Silk Balance water treatment program.

OK, just wasn't familiar with the "cleanwater" wording. The silver ion cartridges are a good add IMO and most others I think you'll find here. I'm not too familiar with the Silk Balance part though I've heard of it and heard some people like it. You still should use some chlorine and if not have some on hand for when/if issues arise.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

VTXMAN

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 04:00:40 pm »

Yes; if using chlorine or bromine there is little to no odor/irritation when used properly.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 12:52:27 pm »
Your not foolish to think that the system will work but don't believe that it's unique...You can do that with just about any spa.

Also don't let a salesman convince you that a chlorine system is bad...it's probably the most reliable system in the industry and has long survived most other systems.

When Zodiac came out with the Nature two system we had lots of water quality issue with the Hotspring line. We started having customers use some chlorine along with it and the system was great!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 12:52:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42