What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Testing Caldera 2005 Niagra and Tahitian  (Read 2735 times)

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
Wet Testing Caldera 2005 Niagra and Tahitian
« on: March 22, 2005, 05:39:54 pm »
Ok all!

Off to wet test the 2005 Caldera and Tahitian.  Will post our review when we get back later on this evening!!!!

;D

Hot Tub Forum

Wet Testing Caldera 2005 Niagra and Tahitian
« on: March 22, 2005, 05:39:54 pm »

Guttboy

Re: Wet Testing Caldera 2005 Niagra and Tahitian
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 09:04:27 pm »
Hi everyone! :)

Just got back from testing the 2005 Caldera Tahitian and the Niagra.

Overall construction and layout is pretty nice and we did like the way they looked and felt construction wise.

When we got in though it wasn't like the dry test for us.

The Tahitian has the lounger in it.  I have come to a firm conclusion that my wife and I are NOT lounger people.  Our stints in the loungers in HS and Caldera may be unique but they look good in principle but we just dont get the benefits out of them.

The other seats were pretty good.  One big problem we had was getting the Euro jets on the neck to go lower in pressure...they blew our skin off.  You can, however, swap them out for the little rotating ones if you like.

No seat really blew our socks off in the Tahitian.  One thing we did NOT like was the lack of adequate foot massage/therapy.  It was hard to get to the big jet at the bottom to massage our feet and my wife could not reach the jet at all.  Comparing this to the 2005 Optima where each seat can get foot from the jets and from the high flow whirlpool, the Optima took it for us.

Water fountain was more of an annoyance for us...it was louder than we would like and just really didnt appeal to us.  Some may like it but we did not.

The diverters were not as intuitive to us in the Caldera line as well to us.  It might be for some but for us it was not.

We then switched to the Niagra because the Tahitian would not work for the wife at all because of the lounger.  The Niagra was ok as well but not "knock your socks off".  The "swivel" seat was absolutely unuseable for either of us.  We just could not get comfortable in it.

The other seats were ok but in each of them we found that we had to struggle to feel at ease and relaxed in them.  The calf jets in both did not do anything for us either.

With all of this being said there is another Caldera model that they have that we will wet test...that is the 2005 Hawaiian.  It is the same dimensions as the Tahitian but no lounger.  The middle bottom has a foot mound similar to the Sundance Optima but not exactally.

We will try that spa later next week and see how that goes.  Price on the Hawaiiian is $7100 with cover lifter, cover, steps, startup chems, CD ozonator.

Overall....average for us...not blown away by either.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 09:20:53 pm »
 Damn, I guess we need to wet test the Sundance.

We did wet test the Caldera Aspire, which is supposed to be very similar to the Hawaiian. But looking at their web site, the lay out looks similar to the Niagra.

Since we may have a size limitation, we didn’t even consider the Niagra when we were at the store.

The other lounger model we tried also had one seat that would rip your skin off. I liked the Aspire, but can take or leave the air bubble thing. Looks like a great way to soak my spa room floor!

Guttboy

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:28:37 pm »
I would have to say that you NEED to test the Sundance Optima if you are in the market for the Hawaiian, Niagra, Tahitian.  It is a very nice spa.  The Caldera's are not bad but we did not enjoy them as much as the Sundance.

Regards,
:)

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 10:41:16 am »
that just goes to show how important wet tesing is, and how different people are.
we also dont care for loungers in general, but after many wet tests ....HS, marquis, sundance, jacuzzi, and caldera, we chose the niagra. we have the little spinner jets on the neck massage and they are great. in fact, that was a big factor in the decision. the are easily interchanged. you may want to retest that one, maybe not.... good luck in your search!

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 10:58:12 am »
If I"m not mistaken, the Jacuzzis/Sundance units have jets that are somehow adjusted by manually "fingering" them, in place?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 10:58:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42