What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: round Hot Springs Hot Spot  (Read 3345 times)

beachsidegirl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
round Hot Springs Hot Spot
« on: March 20, 2005, 01:58:07 pm »
Newbie, looking for used hot tub. Local retired couple has 3 year old round Hot Spot for sale. Says seats 4, has 5 jets and runs on 110. We live in Florida. Not sure how much use we'd get or how much it would be used.
They're asking $1400. Is this a good beginner's tub?

Hot Tub Forum

round Hot Springs Hot Spot
« on: March 20, 2005, 01:58:07 pm »

SpaTime

Re: round Hot Springs Hot Spot
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 02:39:24 pm »
Hmm, 5 jets sounds rather weak to me.  I would ask why they are selling it.  I believe that when you have 110v systems, the heater shuts off when you turn on the jets.  The price seems low enough, but I would be leary.

I am also a newbie, btw.  So take what I say with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 02:39:41 pm by SpaTime »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 02:48:01 pm »
that's an "RX." It is a very simple tub, and if you can get four people into it, you must have small friends.

But they work well - and are generally very dependible.

Enjoy.

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 09:31:40 pm »
There are reasons why 220v is better than 110, but places like Florida those differences may be less significant. Do you plan on having more than 2 people in it very often?  At 110, they should be be able to fill it and power it up for you.  Have you checked it out with water and heat?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

beachsidegirl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:11:31 am »
Thanx for all the info and help. My husband & daughter stopped to look at it on the way home yesterday but didn't have their suits. They said it looks brand new. The couple moved into a 55 plus community but bought it for and used it during the first year before the clubhouse hot tub was in. The last two years it was drained and covered.  It's the Sun Spot RE model. He bought that one so it would fit in the door to their back porch.

I'm going by today with my bathingsuit. My husband is content with the feel of the built in hot tub at the health club so we figure this should be all right for the 3 of us.

The seller also volunteered to my husband that the price is negotiable.

Again, thanx for everything!
Sam

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:11:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42