What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance 800 vs 700 series  (Read 3801 times)

Bones

• 2005 Optima
Sundance 800 vs 700 series
« on: March 19, 2005, 11:07:43 am »
I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase my first spa. Wife and I have narrowed our search to Sundance. We really like the Altamar but have just recently considered the Palermo. Budget is a factor but not at the expense of satisfaction. My primary concern are the jets. Is there a noticeable difference? The difference is about 1.7k between models at my local dealer. I've read the differences at Sundance website between the 800/700 series but I wanted to solicit opinions from anyone who owns either and their satisfaction/regrets. We are going to  arrange a wet test but it won't be exact models we're considering. Thanks for your valuable input.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance 800 vs 700 series
« on: March 19, 2005, 11:07:43 am »

SpaTime

Re: Sundance 800 vs 700 series
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 12:28:23 pm »
Hi,
I am also looking to buy my 1st tub.  For what it's worth, I would suggest that you wet test the exact model you will be buying.  I am a way newbie, but thnink this is essential to cutting the likelyhood of buyer's remorse.

Good luck and enojy the payoff when you finally pull the trigger ;D

Bones

• 2005 Optima
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 05:55:30 pm »
I would if I could but my dealer only has the Bahia and the Optima wet. The wife is leaning toward a spa with a domed reflexology which is what the Optima has. She says anchoring her feet against it would keep her from floating. I actually prefered the lounger in the Palermo than the Altamar  but neither have a domed reflexology for her feet to anchor to. I'm willing to give up the lounger since the Optima has bucket type seating. Can any women share their experience with having something to anchor their feet like a domed reflexology to prevent floating?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 06:15:36 pm »
The Sundance 700 is their Sweetwater line in 2004. There would be a difference as all secondary lines use different components (jets, controllers and such) than the primary. The other difference is that the warranty is shorter (was in 2004) in the lower end series.

I have a friend with the Bahia and loves it! It really depends on what you like.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 07:38:14 pm »
Same here.  We own an Optima, and are very happy with it.  We love the dome with the foot jets.  Our friends liked our spa enough to get their own, but they were a bit cash strapped so they went with a year end closeout Bahia, and are loving it.  
There are differences in the jets, pumps, controls, and stereo, but both are made by Sundance and you won't regret buying either.  
Brewman
Brewman

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 08:18:31 am »
Hi We are also buying our 1st spa. We almost did not wet test. This site said a wet test is a must so we did it , and found a big difference in the jets in the Bahia and the jets in the  Optima. The Bahia jets were small and made our skin feel like a burning sensation. The Optima gave us no feeling like that at all. The Optima is more $ but over the years of ownership initial price will be forgotton. Good luck!!  PS: after we changed our mind on the Bahia we still have not decided on a model yet. We now have a cement pad and no spa to put on it. We are going to wet test a HS Envoy today.

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 08:36:33 am »
Jsimo7,

Please let us know on the Envoy wet test when you get back!

My wife and I are looking at that same model but the HS dealer here is closed today!  WE are anxious to hear your report!

Regards,

:)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 09:23:09 am »
Hi, We will let you know this late afternoon when we get back. We have been looking for 6 weeks and are ready to get this part, (looking, pricing, and comparing)over with.

Bones

• 2005 Optima
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 10:00:28 am »
Just out of curiosity what is the HS Envoy going for in your area?

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 08:40:21 pm »
Hi We just got back from the wet test and dinner out. The HS Envoy is a wonderful tub. You should do a wet test before you purchase any tub. We liked the dual moto massage, the looks of it in the pearl tub and grey cabinet. Pleanty of power, great jets, comfortable. On our way home the Sundance sales person called my cell and asked us to stop on our way past his store. He wanted us to compare the Sundance Cameo to the Envoy. We looked at it, and sat in it dry. He wants to fill it and have us wet test it. It is a very nice tub for about the same price as the HS. Look at both as they are similar in the layout. I think my wife wants to get the Envoy because of the Moto massage. The Hs envoy with HS ozone freshwater III, cover,hydralic lift, steps delivery set up and the electric breaker box.(The electric box is about 100.00 extra on other spas) it comes with the HS. $9000.00 plus tax. the sundance was 9100.00 plus tax plus electric box . Hope this helps Let us know what you do. We will let you know what we do. Good luck

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 08:58:59 pm »
Thanks for the information!  The Sundance Dealer's website said they were open today...unfortunately we drove all the way over there and they were closed!

Will take a look at the HS and Sundance hopefully tomorrow and see what they are like.  Right now (from our limited Dry looks) the caldera line is looking nice right now!

Best wishes!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 10:53:10 pm »
Be sure to wet test!! We learned more from our wet tests than hours on the internet.     c ya

Bones

• 2005 Optima
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 10:19:57 am »
We did the wet test last night in the Bahia and the Maxxus. I felt more comfortable in the Maxxus seating which is similiar to the Optima seating. The head rests were positioned better than the Bahia's for both of us. The differences were relatively minor and mostly subjective. We are leaning toward the Optima and will make a decision very soon.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 10:19:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42