What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to get customers to respond?  (Read 3520 times)

rgreiner

• forever tubbin
How to get customers to respond?
« on: March 16, 2005, 01:45:06 am »
We have a customer satisfaction card that is sent out after every spa and pool is completed with a gift asking for a 1 to 5 rating of how the project went in whatever aspects apply. Our response rate is about 90%. What do you think we can do to get people to respond to a forum like this and get more reviews?

Hot Tub Forum

How to get customers to respond?
« on: March 16, 2005, 01:45:06 am »

backyardman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: How to get customers to respond?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 02:11:07 am »
Get the dealers to take a step back on pushing their lines.

backyardman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 02:51:20 am »
An automobile analogy was recently posted on this forum. I too would like to post an auto analogy. I am looking for a new spa, and an entry level one at that. I would presume that most persons looking for advice to buy a spa are first-time buyers. I don't want top of the line, because it is out of my budget. I don't need many of the bells and whistles, I merely want a spa which gives me the performance I want. I realize all spas will need maintenance eventually,  but I am not willing to pay twice the price for the extended service. If I buy a GM product automobile for $25,000, I will not pay an additional $25,000 for basically what seems to be an extended warranty to guarantee service after the sale. The best cars, obviously are Lexus, Infinity, BMW, Cadillac, or even higher-end products, which I have not or would even consider purchasing. If I can buy a product which gives me reliable srevice, for a good price, I will buy it, but I refuse to pay 2 or 3 times the replacement cost for a product with a better warranty . A GM product , of which I have owned many, has less warranty, but is a good car, may have lesser quality, but if I can relpace it with a new one after a few years at a lesser cost than the "top of the line" cars, I think I am doing well. In simplistic terms, I would prefer to buy two $25,000 cars in a ten year period than one $50,000 car, with a similar warranty. I see many dealers on this site pushing service after the sale, but this makes me wonder why such intensive service should be necessary after purchasing a top of the line product, and if it is worth the substantial cost. In my most humble opinion, I can buy 2 or 3 new spas for the price of 1 of theirs. I'm not trying to slam any of the top brands, as I am sure they are good quality, as is the BMW. What I do have a problem with is the dealers slamming every other product, even when many have had much success with it, at half the price.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 04:47:42 am by backyardman »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 08:57:33 am »
What spa can you buy that is 1/3 the cost of "premium" brand?  Say the average Premium cost is $7500, using your price range of paying 3 times more for a premium one as a cheap one would give you a price point of under $3000, more like $2500.  You are not going to find anything good at that price.  More like the bottom of the barrel.
There are reasons beyond warranty service (and yes, the cost of the warranty is included in any product, spas included) that these spas cost more.  They are better built, higher quality components, more pumps, jets, etc...
Also they are more likely to run on less electricity.  In order to get the price low, the mfg. has to cut back somewhere- and insulation is one place.

Why the big chip on your shoulder?  The dealers (one of which I am not) that participate on this board are extremely helpful, and don't really push their spas at all.

When your brand X spa breaks down, and the people at Costco can't help you get it fixed, remember to run back here and ask all these "brand pushers" for help.

Brewman
Brewman

drprwnap

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 10:12:24 am »
It all goes back to the old saying "you get what you pay for".  If you're talking automobiles, remember the Edsel?  How about the Yugo???
In the search for my spa, I am not basing my decision on cost alone. My brother has a Down East spa and has had nothing but trouble with it. Got it at a bargain price and the headaches were part of that price, IMO.  :'(

I have been reading this board daily for the past few months and have seen very little (if any) dealers bashing each other's brands.  :D
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 10:19:38 am »
There are good brands of spas that fit each price range.  Most manufacturers offer a "budget" line of spas that are still built to the same quality standards as their "premium" lines are built with less features.  There are also quality manufacturers who build Hot Tubs specifically to fit that niche market of buyers who want a high quality spa at a very affordable price.  Nordic Spas and Great lakes Spas are two manufacturers that come to mind that fit that mold.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 12:11:07 pm »
The problem with forums is that anybody (with a computer) can say anything. Some folks are here to help others have their on agenda. So we have no way of who is telling the truth.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 01:25:27 pm »
I don't understand how the original question garnered that response?

Rgreiner,

Maybe if there was a way to get the word out to dealers everywhere to join and add to these forums.  They could then direct customers (which has already happened) to visit and add to the discussions.

Just some thoughts from a consumer who stumbled (actually my hubby did) onto this great site!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 03:12:54 pm »
I'm with Lori, your question never was answered, instead a whole different conversation ensued.  I wonder if you are trying to improve on your 90% response level.  That is extraordinary.  

It would be good  to have all dealers suggest that their customers visit this forum.

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 06:25:58 pm »
nope question not answered but I do have an answer....

I went and got a vacuum today...used whatsthebest vacuum....to get some insights because I am learning alot here....

I asked the dealer if he used the internet for researching competitors and other things vacuum related...he said OF COURSE!  I then mentioned that website...he had not heard of it....so I gave him the address and he is going to check it out.

I think that many dealers just dont know about this site....that may be the case.  I do know that I will mention it to all the dealers I hit when wet testing!

Maybe then the dealers will tell the customers and might get some more info here???? perhaps

It also took me a while to FIND the reviews here....to me they were kinda hidden  (OK call me a moron and there was a TAB at the top but I glanced right over it).  Perhaps if someone "put out the word" here for reviews and the type of things requested in a review there may be a bigger response????

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 10:34:14 pm »
Maybe we could get to replace the FORUM GUIDELINES that's been pinned up there at the top for far too long... :-/

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 01:41:23 am »
Steve you just lay in the woods waiting for the right moment don't you! ;D ;D 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 01:41:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42