What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally up and running  (Read 2141 times)

ProfMark

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Finally up and running
« on: March 15, 2005, 05:46:37 pm »
After using the resources on this board, I purchased a Coleman 705 back in January.

FINALLY, after bad weather set back my concrete pad and electrical work and one thing or another, our hot tub was delivered and it is now hooked up an operational.

(By the way, my dealer bent over backwards to accomodate my schedule)

It is awesome.  

On a final note, I met with the electrical inspector for my inspection certificate.  Originally, he was suspect as he told me all the hundreds of things he has seen wired either incorrectly or 'cheaply' with many hot tubs he has inspected.
After reviewing our Coleman, he said the internal electrical work was one of the best he had seen.   He tugged and pulled all the connections and even checked with a torque wrench.

He was particularly impressed that all the pumps were 'bonded', (whatever that means.)   At first,  I thought he said something about 'Bondage' and I was getting ready to tell him that what I do in my hot tub is my business ...  but nevermind.

All is well.  

Hot Tub Forum

Finally up and running
« on: March 15, 2005, 05:46:37 pm »

aquaman

• justice league is on the hot line !
Re: Finally up and running
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 06:46:15 pm »
congrats! you`ve got a great tub and may you have many memorable soaks in your future

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 01:20:37 pm »
Wishing you the best weather, the best water, and the best night sky watching.

I was in my Coleman 706 for an hour and a half the other night.

Spahappy :D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 01:26:16 pm »
Congratulations!  May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!!!

Enjoy!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 01:44:06 pm »
I apologize for hi-jacking your post, but here goes anyway.   ;)

Do you always have to have the electrical and/or hot tub inspected?  I plan to hire someone to do the electrical, but haven't looked into it yet.  What do I have to look forward to?  

I'm in CA if that matters.

Brooke

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 03:59:31 pm »
I apologize for hi-jacking your post, but here goes anyway.   ;)

Do you always have to have the electrical and/or hot tub inspected?  I plan to hire someone to do the electrical, but haven't looked into it yet.  What do I have to look forward to?  

I'm in CA if that matters.

Brooke

Brooke, I live in S Jersey and I had to have a permit for the spa ,meaning they wanted to check that it would be placed properly and had a locking lid.(Basically I took them a pic of my survey with a scale drawing of where the spa would be placed)  I also had to get an electrical permit.  This was a little tougher.  THe electrical inspector had to come to my house to inspect the installation and make sure everything was hooked up properly.  I would recommend that you contact your township and ask them what will be required in your area.   If you have a qualified electrician do the work, the inspection should not be a problem.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 10:21:01 pm »
Do you always have to have the electrical and/or hot tub inspected?

Well, no, NOT really. Just don't get caught and try not to electrocute yourself!

Seriously, doing an install and then getting busted for not getting a permit is a REAL drag. On the other hand, if the risk is low and you know what you are doing (more than using Time/Life books and watching "This Old House"), not getting a permit is an option.

California is pretty strict from what I hear, so I'd be careful!

Good Luck!

Drewski

8)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 10:21:48 pm by Drewski »
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 10:21:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42