What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving to SAN ANTONIO!!!!  (Read 4148 times)

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
Moving to SAN ANTONIO!!!!
« on: March 10, 2005, 09:33:02 pm »
Hi Everyone!

Sorry to have "neglected" the board here but have been swamped with issues involved with our move from Albuquerque to San Antonio.  We sold our house in about 2 days and now the inspection process begins.

But I digress!!!!!

My wife and I are very excited to move down there and we are looking for dealers in the San Antonio area for wet testing to begin next week!   If you have any that you would recommend personally please let us know...I have done searches and know some of the dealerships for several manufacturers but PERSONAL knowledge or recommendations are what we are after.

We also dont live too far from Austin (about an hour) so we would also be willing to make a drive up there as well.

The reason we want to get this wet testing started ASAP is that our new home will be ready between June and July (depending on weather).  I would like to know which one we want so that we can have the builder run all the electric/pad for spa/landscaping/gate width for delivery/etc....so it will be a seamless install and we can christen our new home in style!!!!! ;D

Anyhow.....thanks for any and all inputs and sorry for not keeping up for the past month....man there was alot to read!!!!

Regards,

Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Moving to SAN ANTONIO!!!!
« on: March 10, 2005, 09:33:02 pm »

Greenraisin

• See you down life's highway!
Re: Moving to SAN ANTONIO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 10:02:52 pm »
San Antonio is my home town...or at least I grew up there. Left almost 30 years ago but the rest of my family is still there. I love it, and AUstin, too! 6th Street...great music and great fun.

Best of luck in your move!

Guttboy

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 12:15:04 am »
Yeah Im looking forward to moving down there!  AND getting our Spa too!

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 09:05:02 am »
Do they still have hippy hollow in Austin?

Greenraisin

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 09:11:44 am »
It was there the last time I looked...I mean heard! When I was growing up, that was THE place to try and go. It was a little bit of a drive from SA, but worth it to a teenaged boy!

txwillie

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 10:02:24 am »
yes, Hippie Hollow is still there. Not quite what it used to be, mainly due to the huge population growth, but you can still take it off if you want to. ;)

txwillie

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 10:43:57 am »
As far as prewiring your home:

If you run an empty conduit sized to handle a 60 amp line to a junction box about 10 feet from the location of the spa, you can put in any tub on the market.

If you put in an empty conduit sized to handle a 50 amp line - you can put in any tub on the market, but some of the ones with huge pumps will kick the heat out while you are running all the pumps.

Keep in mind that HotSpring uses a sub panel, which they ship with the larger models. Even if you choose not to go with a HotSpring, having that junction box - or even putting in a your own sub panel anyway - will allow for courtesy/safety outlets, power for yard lighting and other cool special effects. Also you can use a safe nearby outlet for things such as stereo/TV, bug zappers, fountains, sprinkler timers, etc.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Guttboy

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 10:21:36 pm »
Chas,

Thanks for the input.....I may have to give ya a call some time to figure out just what you are talking about.....I can do many things but electrical stuff I stay WAY away from as I have electrocuted myself on several occasions!!!!

Anyhow.....

I cant wait to wet test....HOPEFULLY....the dealers down there will allow us to do that....the D1 brochure we got in the mail stated that WET TESTING is the ONLY way to go.....so hopefully their dealer will allow us to do that!

Take care~!

Mike

Greenraisin

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 09:47:17 am »
In what part of San Antonio are you building? I grew up north of town, (now part of town. Places we used to hunt, we now hunt for parking places!). Out 281 right inside of 1604.

Guttboy

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 10:35:55 am »
North of 1604 between camp bullis and 281 :)

Greenraisin

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 02:18:06 pm »
Bulverde area?

Used to hunt and camp all over that area. It has grown so much since I left there.

Hope you enjoy the area. I still love it!

Guttboy

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 12:10:12 am »
Between bulverde and 1604....on the north side of Stone Oak....

We just got here late monday night...unfortunately...I ended up in the hospital Tuesday at 430 am....

Turned out my "cold" was pneumonia.....I am still not getting any better and may go back in tomorrow....

But we are safe in San Antonio in our 600 square foot apartment waiting for the house to be built (havent even gone by to see it Im that sick) and the spa to be put in the backyard when we decide which one to get!

DANG!  A SPA SOUNDS SOOOOO NICE RIGHT NOW!!!!

Might clear my lungs up!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 12:10:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42