What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spas  (Read 5424 times)

jmoll

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cal Spas
« on: March 08, 2005, 10:26:57 pm »
So all you smart People, WHY not a Cal Spa??????????? ???

Hot Tub Forum

Cal Spas
« on: March 08, 2005, 10:26:57 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Cal Spas
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 11:28:58 pm »
So all you smart People, WHY not a Cal Spa??????????? ???

Hummmmmmmmm I think it would be far more interesting to hear "why a cal spa from you"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 11:40:38 pm by Mendocino101 »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 06:35:57 am »
Have you checked out the review section on this site?

Have you done a search, especially for Dino's (he is a poster) experiences?

Might prove eye opening!   :o
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 07:13:08 am »
First of all, let me clear the air here, who said anything about any of us being SMART? ??? That really takes some nerve.
Secondly, speak to anyone who has owned one or sold them before the dealer that has it now. Service is a huge issue when dealing with spas. From what I get out of this board, Cal doesn't back their products all that well, that is from a manufacturers standpoint. Their products seem to have numerous problems with them, none specific. Read the post"TAKE MY CAL SPA, PLEASE", you'll see why not CAL.
good luck in your search.. ;D  

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
Another word from Dino ...
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 09:45:52 am »
So how can you read what is on this site and still ask "why not" Cal Spas.

I do not want to repeat what is in the reviews or what is in my postings but bottom line - there tub is at best nothing special (and frankly I believe worse judging by the $2,000 repair bill in the last 26 months) and the company's business practices are at best questionable (in the worst light some would say fraudulent).

They design-in the abilitiy to dis-avow their warranties and their tubs need them!

They really are not cheaper than anybody elses tubs and judging by how they support (reat not) their dealers you will be hard pressed to find a steady longterm group of cal spa dealers in any region.

So why not buy them?

hottubber

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 09:49:53 am »
dino,

I am absolutely sure that I couldn't have said it better!

nice point ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 10:38:52 am »
Not to Dispute Dino at all, but I will throw in, your local dealer has a lot to do with this too.  The most recognized store where I live

http://www.sciotovalley.com/default.cfm?locID=6

sells  Hot Springs, Cal, and Viking. (I haven't heard that combination anywhere else).  But the dealer here is fairly well regarded and stands behind thier product.

But from memory, Hot Springs and Tiger River dominates 90% of thier floor space (I need to update that, they moved thier spas to their own building) and the only Cal spas on the floor are the lower end.

You dealers who have multiple brands, do the manufacturers dictate at all what you have on the floor or in stock?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 10:41:36 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubber

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 10:45:50 am »
I do agree with you on this. The dealer is the MOST important part of the equation. If the dealer believes in the product, normally the dealer is 100% behind the product.
I have always said, "It's not WHAT you buy that is important, it's from WHOM you buy" that is the most important factor.
Most spa dealers bend over backwards to take care of some of their manufacturers problems. The dealer is the most important factor. ;D  

poolboy34

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 02:07:59 pm »
In most cases the manufacturer "suggests" what spas should be on the floor, but ultimately it is up to the dealer to decide which lines and models of spas they not only carry in stock but also what they show.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 03:36:16 pm by poolboy34 »

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 02:34:35 pm »
First of all like Meno asked,lets here why you would want to buy a cal spa.What do you like about them.In my opinion why would you want to invest in a spa that you probally are going to have problems with.And than have no support from the manufacture.There are better manufactures out there that you know are going to stand buy there product and make a more superior tub.Go to ripoff.com that says it all.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 03:03:34 pm »
You knew this topic was going to bring Dino out from his hibernation. You know you're allowed to post on any topic right? ??? ;D

Steve

poolboy34

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 03:39:12 pm »
Everyone has already said a lot about  good ol' cal spa.  But...........I just wanted to add that I know someone who personally bought one and when it was delivered it had a huge scratch in it.  He told the dealer and they said they wouldn't do anything about it.  So then he called cal themselves, they told him that if  the dealer wouldn't replace it then to bad because they wouldn't either.

Yikes!!!!  Talk about "good" customer service and factory support!!!!!  I guess all that money they spend on marketing on Monster house and at the Pool Shows makes up for their lack of service and support........

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 04:14:53 pm »

Yikes!!!!  Talk about "good" customer service and factory support!!!!!  I guess all that money they spend on marketing on Monster house and at the Pool Shows makes up for their lack of service and support........

Speaking of spending marketing money, I still laugh when I watch the DVD of Price is Right, that I have, and they Beachcomber gave them a hot tub only to have Bob call it a Jacuzzi.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 04:23:49 pm »

Speaking of spending marketing money, I still laugh when I watch the DVD of Price is Right, that I have, and they Beachcomber gave them a hot tub only to have Bob call it a Jacuzzi.  

Ya, Keith was real happy about that one.
Homeworks Financing Representative

spatexport

• Am I crazy, or is it just me?
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 09:26:00 am »
Although the Cal Spa manufacturer has logged over 100 BBB complaints in 3 years (most of any spa manufacturer?), the BBB rating still appears to be satisfactory...

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=14059&hAKAID=12&hAddrID=12

...why not, indeed?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 11:59:34 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 09:26:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42