What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to Site  (Read 2932 times)

nettieplee

New to Site
« on: March 11, 2005, 03:59:33 pm »
Hi all,
I'm brand new here and feeling a bit overwhelmed!  My husband and I are considering a hot tub purchase at some point this year.  We are leaning towards the Hot Springs models because of the Moto Massage option.  My husband has a bad back and even though we haven't wet tested, we think this option is worth the extra cost.  If anyone can suggest some alternatives, I would be appreciative.  I am also wondering what the best time of year is to get a good deal.  Is there a time when they need to clear out last year's models and the prices drop (kind of like with new cars)?  If so, is the drop significant enough to wait?  
Thanks!
Annette

Hot Tub Forum

New to Site
« on: March 11, 2005, 03:59:33 pm »

salesdvl

Re: New to Site
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 04:08:55 pm »
The answers to your questions are all the same: It depends on YOU.  I would make sure you wet test a few different brands to make sure you ge tthe one that feels the best.  The Moto massage is unique but it may not be as big a deal sitting in front of it.  ( I say that being a Hot Spring dealer)
As far as the timing of the purchase again, it depends on you.  Dealers usually clear inventory Dec-Mar so you are at the tail end of those deals.  A reputable dealer should still give you a great deal if you shop well.  I dont think waiting another year to save a couple of hundred bucks would be worth it but thats me.

Good Luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 04:11:48 pm »
I know how overwhelming this can be! Why don't you just go get a nice HotSpring spa so you'll have a place to come home and regroup after all the spa shopping?

Hmm. Just a thought.

As to best time of year - most dealers blow out floor models around the first of the year. I don't know if it's worth the wait or not.

I have a Vanguard leftover from last year, so now it the best time to buy that particular spa.... which is to say: ask your dealer. They may have a show coming up. If so, you may be able to pre-buy one of the demo spas. You'll save a bunch of money if you don't mind a scratch or dent or two.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

poolboy34

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 04:36:11 pm »
A Few Other manufacturers you might want to consider include (but certainly aren't limited to) Marquis, Sundance, Caldera & Dimension One Spas.  If you like the Moto Massage you might also want to try D-1's Dynamic Massage Sequencer as well.

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 11:17:03 pm »
LA Spas has the sequencer too
Measure once, cut twice.

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 12:19:24 am »
LA Spas "Sequencer" is not even close to D-1's, doesn't work the same way, and in my opinion is a very cheap knockoff of it that LA is selling at a grossly high price.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 08:37:45 am »
My synopsis from reading your message tells me your interested, and have time to look around. You've done some research and have time to do more.  The Hot Springs moto massage certainly does look appealing , and the owners here seem to validate that.  Try it out and try a few others out. Use your time and interest to your advantage. It never hurts to have one dealer playing against each other.

Oh, and Lori will be along to tell you about the value of a wet test and how much she likes the moto-massage of the Hot Springs.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Greenraisin

• See you down life's highway!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 09:43:01 am »
I tried the moto massage and couldn't tell if I liked it or not! It was definitely different. I hopped from the HS to the Caldera, back and forth, (wet testing in the same room), and decided that I liked the Caldera, but that is MY personal preference. Nothing scientific about that!

After you've digested all the technical data and the sales pitches, you will probably come to some interim conclusions, but I advocate that it's really all about what trips your trigger when you get in. It's the feeling you get using it that you're buying, anyway, isn't it? Not saying the technical stuff isn't important, it is. You want what feels good to last!!!

We got the Caldera Tahitian Utopea and we love it. We get pretty much a full body massage, (at least from the back), by circulating through all the stations or seats. I'm sure most tubs provide that to some degree; some with  a few more jets and features than others.  We are still learning the settings, adjustments, etc., but are very happy with the tub we got.  Like most everyone else has said, you really need to wet test so you can make a comparative judgment on which one is best for you. I can also tell you, now from experience, the seat or function that I thought I would like the best isn't necessarily my favorite now! The more you experience, the more you adjust, and the more you love it!

Stick with the top dogs, as indicated here on this forum, and you will have a good lifestyle change!

Good luck!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 08:53:55 pm »
Oh, and Lori will be along to tell you about the value of a wet test and how much she likes the moto-massage of the Hot Springs.

;D He knows me too well!!!

Wet testing is a must!  That is really the only way to know if the moto-massage is for you!  Which, I love my moto-massage seat!  In fact, I got the Vanguard, because it has 2 moto-massage seats, and that way I don't have to fight anyone for my favorite seat!   ;)  (That way hubby doesn't get hurt!)  I put a hydro-pulse plate on that moto-massage seat, and I start each soak in that seat and I finish each soak in that seat!  It is the best for ME!   ;D

There are a lot of quality brands out there!  Get wet!  That should help your husband decide which tub will help his bad back!  

Good luck in your search!  Take your time!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

nettieplee

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 11:08:46 pm »
Thanks for all your help.  Now I know what other tubs we should try that might compare.  We will definately be doing wet testing.  And we have plenty of time - we're not looking to buy immediately and are only in the beginning stages.  I'll keep you all posted.

Annette

spatexport

• Am I crazy, or is it just me?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 10:53:55 pm »
Wet test, chiropractor, quality footwear/sleep surface, and wet test.

saz

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 08:52:58 am »
for what it's worth, Annette, my husband has back problems too, and I thought that I had to dig really deeply into the benefits etc of each type of jet, per tub. The kind of massage it gave, how strong the jets were etc.  What we actually found is that Stevie gets in and has about 10/15mins or so therapy on his back,and then just soaks in the hot water with maybe just a gentle jet on....just to move the water about.  The heat itself, and the weight relieving properties of the water do so so much.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 08:52:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42