What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Colorscape LED replacement light  (Read 3406 times)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
Colorscape LED replacement light
« on: March 11, 2005, 05:35:59 pm »
Finally got around to putting LED light in my tub. I did not order it with the factory LED light, didn't think it would be a big deal but later felt the white light with a blue or green cover was kind of lame. The light is really cool, has like 12 modes you can cycle through and pick what you like best. It was a little over 100 bucks and I was worried I wasted the money, but I like it!

I didn't get the radio option either, did get a good set of outdoor speakers for christmas and will put them out by the tub. Anyone put thier own marine application or other outdoor radio/cd player by their hot tub?

Thanks for the great forum! Has made my tub ownership a lot easier.

Hot Tub Forum

Colorscape LED replacement light
« on: March 11, 2005, 05:35:59 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Colorscape LED replacement light
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 06:10:48 pm »
I have read a lot about how nice the LED light was - when I put my deposit down on the tub I had them include it with the tub. Do you have a dark or light colored tub?

I read either here or on Doc's site about someone who installed a marine quality radio into their tub.

Are the speakers the wireless type or do you have to hardwire them?  At one point I was thinking about putting speakers by the tub but I will have to see how noisy the tub is. I would hate to have the neighbors call the police because of the music being too loud!

I'm contemplating just buying a pair of waterproof headphones (if any exist) to wear if I want music.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 06:23:10 pm »
The bulb has several different colored LED's in it. It will cycle through several colors slow, fast, real fast, ....

I have a light colored tub, I believe it is called platinum. Looks awesome with the "slow color wash" light setting.

The speakers need hardwired, but my tub sits level with the deck and the rail is only 3 feet away. I can mount them at the rail corners aimed at the hot tub and my house. I do a lot of running and have a sony sports am/fm/cd player and use it with the headphones, it works well. The unit also gets local tv so if I drag my tv out or position by a window I can watch the tv and hear the audio on local channels. Perfect for OSU games (Go Bucks).

riddler

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:43:02 pm »
I also added a spaglo system which is similar to the one you have . It will cycle through colors or you can set it to your favorite color.  As for the spa audio , I bought a few outdoor Polk speakers and added an  mp3 player to go with it ,  now I can have up to 4 to 6 hours of continuous music. I think Id be a grape if I sat in the tub that long. Turned out to be much cheaper  for the same luxury of having  music !!

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 10:47:44 am »
I like the LED lighting system. With the platinum marble

spa that I own, the LED light looks nice where there

colors refect off of the shiny, light color interior. I don't

think the light relfects as well in a dark color interior.

The new pearlescent colors really show the LED lights, it

makes the spa look futuristic.

On another note, a nice upgrade from the old style

lenses that you snap on and off of the spa light.  ;D

vanbar6

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 03:08:27 pm »
Hi Dan.  I put a set of Polk Audio Atriums outside mounted up where my soffit is and apart about the width of the spa.  I also put a Niles outdoor speaker control knob that feeds from a Niles hub.  That connects to my receiver, my cable box (for constant digital audio) and my CD player.  Because of the setup, there's no trying to keep the electrical componets dry or even thinking about any moisture problems.  The setup sounds great and we never have to keep it above half volume.
Barb

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 03:08:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42