What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 8095 times)

JTJ23BA

• I love my HotSpring!!!
Re: Newbie
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 11:22:01 pm »
Who cares what the GPM is. It's all about feel.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 11:22:01 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 11:30:57 pm »
So anyone know what the GPM is for a Reward? It certainly was much stronger that the Victorian.

Phil

The Reward has 2 pumps and puts out 320 GPM

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 11:33:47 pm »

While in the end feel is what really matters most.. GPM is going to play a big part in getting there and is far more important than whatever the supposed horse power is...

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 09:03:42 am »
Reward=320 GPM

Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 09:23:08 am »
I think it might be pertinent to add that when we were first shopping for our spa jet pressure was pretty important.

Having said that, after 6 months of use, we (wife and I)  generally turn down the jets after 10 mins or so of use.

I believe there are others who also end up reducing the pressure after some interval.

Just a thought

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 09:37:17 am »
And you represent about 98% of spa owners JC! Good point. :)

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 09:47:34 am »
And you represent about 98% of spa owners JC! Good point. :)

Steve

Steve is 100% correct. Most, if not all of the folks who shop based on horsepower or waterflow numbers end up with a spa that costs a bit more to run, and yet they end up mellowing the jets out as soon as the 'newness' wears off.

It is rare - not saying it never happens - for people to enjoy massive, blasting jets long term. HotSpring - and others - have built quite a large number of sales based on tubs with less massive pumps and a larger variety of jets.

If I know somebody is worried that our tubs 'won't have enough power,' or that they have stuck a hand in front of a jet and told me it doesn't feel as strong as brand x down the street, I ask them to take an extended wet test of 20 minutes or so. I can watch them reaching over and centering the diverter valves after about five minute, often less. Doing this cuts the jet pressure but turns on all jets at once.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2005, 10:01:55 am »
We must be the oddballs.  We've had our SA Reward since last July and we still use full power.  I know it uses more energy but we both like the deep tissue massage that the full power gives us.  My husband suffers from severe low back pain and I suffer upper back/ shoulder pain as a result from a car accident.  Sometimes I wish it would be an even stronger massage.  Not to say that we NEVER turn them down but I'd say 80 percent of the time we have it maxed.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2005, 08:43:50 pm »

JTJ23BA,
GPM is important to me. I'm an aging karate student, in class usually 3 times a week for a couple of hours each session.  That extra pressure on overworked muscles really helps. I've borrowed my neighbor's spa after testing or occasionally when the workout is extra hard or we've been sparring and 40 minutes or so with plenty of water pushing against those muscles makes a world of difference.
The difference being whether or not I can roll out of bed the next morning. javascript:grin()
Grin

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2005, 12:55:01 am »
I would have (and am having) a very tough time deciding between the Reward and the D1 Aurora II. The Reward is really cool but the Aurora is one of the best performing spas I have ever sat in plus it has the only lounger that I have ever really liked!!

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2005, 01:11:37 pm »
I would have (and am having) a very tough time deciding between the Reward and the D1 Aurora II. The Reward is really cool but the Aurora is one of the best performing spas I have ever sat in plus it has the only lounger that I have ever really liked!!

My goodness stuart, you've been shopping for a spa longer than DC... buy one already  ;)
e

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2005, 01:12:29 pm »
We must be the oddballs.  We've had our SA Reward since last July and we still use full power.  I know it uses more energy but we both like the deep tissue massage that the full power gives us.  My husband suffers from severe low back pain and I suffer upper back/ shoulder pain as a result from a car accident.  Sometimes I wish it would be an even stronger massage.  Not to say that we NEVER turn them down but I'd say 80 percent of the time we have it maxed.

To me that is the beauty of the Reward and Marquis in general... their "full power" is not a blow you out of the seat pressure but rather good solid therapy that you can enjoy for an extended period of time (and in many cases you can customize a seat for more "power" when needed).

I find GPM important as well though it is also important to note that GPM is not neccessarily a measurement of how powerful the jet experience is as there are other factors that contribute to that (# of jets, jet design, etc...)  but as pointed out it does give you more info than HP.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 01:15:03 pm by empolgation »
e

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2005, 11:02:48 pm »
My goodness stuart, you've been shopping for a spa longer than DC... buy one already  ;)

You know, that has a ring of truth to it. The differance for me is that I love my Marquis Journey that I have now, Marquis is saying send it back and they will send me whatever I want but I gotta tell you....It was a great spa in it's day!

Oh and I also have yet to complain about what they are selling them to me for. I thought the 05 Reward was going to be "the tub" but it still just isn't my Journey!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2005, 11:02:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42