What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warehouse Sale  (Read 4219 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Warehouse Sale
« on: March 08, 2005, 08:10:29 pm »
I came home tonight to find a spa dealer had sent me (along with probably 2,000 other people) a flyer on their "sale".

Interesting it's a VIP sale and I've never set foot into their store, although I passed it a few times while shopping for a tub but it was always closed. They have a spa for $8,495 and add another $2,400 in options to sell the spa at a discounted price of $8,499. The flyer even has the serial number on it ... hmm, reminiscent of the old car bait and switch scheme.

I know hot tubs are becoming really popular - have other people seen this type of advertising before? It's new to me!

Hot Tub Forum

Warehouse Sale
« on: March 08, 2005, 08:10:29 pm »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: Warehouse Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 07:30:02 am »
Vin,

The only other type of warehouse deals I've seen are the Gulf Coast Spas, they set up in a warehouse or someone's shed, post the price of $8799.00, 45 jets, 3 pumps, selling for $3795.00. I know they move alot of spas through this means of marketing.
Not really sure of the quality, but, hey $3795.00, you can buy another when it craps out. ;D
Not really the direction I would go if I were shopping the hot tub experience... ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 08:05:56 pm by hottubber »

hottubber

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 08:05:25 pm »
Vinny,

I got it also. Today in the mail, I've never been there, never requested information, nothing. Yeh, I saw the serial numbver also. I wonder if the serial numbers all match. I do know of this dealer, just opened a retail store last year, sold Coast last year, now Hydropool, what do you think he'll sell next year?. What is your special serial number? ???
Maybe we can get a deal, NOT.... ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 08:22:07 pm »
Maybe you can have some fun ... Mail them a flyer (only them) of a fantastic sale on Sundance, Marquis and Artesian spas. List a Sweetwater (Sundance 700 series now) Bahia and list all the equipment it has and the selling price of $_______ . (I personally know it's lower than $8,499 - I've been to your store  ;D). Maybe make them sweat!!!

BTW, the serial number is 2005010460 - if it's the same maybe we should go together ... nah, I got too much to do than to waste my time goofing on people.

Vinny

hottubber

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 08:27:33 pm »
Just a quick reference to the serial number, 2005010460. It's the same... :P
I think we have a winner, the first one to the dealership gets the spa for the low price of $8499.00. Warehouse price ???, sounds more like retail, plus, plus, plus ;D

hottubber. ;D

mhraracing

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 08:39:13 pm »
In CT where I live - Thermo Spas just had their "Once in a life time Warehouse Clearence sale"  - Trade ins - Demos - Left overs....Spas starting at $599.

Boy I wish I had known about THIS sale....I would have waited and not bought my Geneva  ::)

Yeah Right !!!!
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 08:48:56 pm »
Actually I know 2 people who went to a convention center in PA and bought Thermospas - I think one paid $3,000 and one paid a little more with an extended warranty - I think they were blemished spas. They seem to love their spas!

Before I found this and Doc's site I was thinking about buying a Thermospa and was considering going to this place but luckily I became "educated" in the world of spas.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 11:24:02 pm »
If yea want junk get a Gulf Coast and if yea want something a bit better and will last yea get a Jacuzzi Premium,Hotsprings,Sundance.And would hate to get a Thermo Spa because when you let one of their salespeople in you will never get rid of him,its like buying a timeshare lol.Jt :-/

jimbo12

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 10:59:39 am »
Hey Thunders,  Have you ever sat in a Gulf Coast Spa? I have one and I love it, have had no (zero, nil, zip) problems in 3 years, and even if I did I know my dealer would support it 100% as I buy all my chemicals from him.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 11:25:46 am by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 11:27:50 am »
Hey Thunders,  Have you ever sat in a Gulf Coast Spa? I have one and I love it, have had no (zero, nil, zip) problems in 3 years, and even if I did I know my dealer would support it 100% as I buy all my chemicals from him.

Its ok to call a spa brand junk if you want to defend it, but I don't allow name calling, even if it is a word a 4 year old wouldn't get slapped for.

Two posts in 3 months and only to defend Gulf Coast? That tends to make people suspicious. (For what little its worth)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 11:28:42 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 11:19:44 pm »
Ok Ok you might be one of the lucky few that own one and have had no problems.If yea read in the past on this site not many people have been so lucky.....And i love their 24 hours of service,after 9pm you get a answer machine lol.Jt :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 11:19:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42