What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delivery Tomorrow; What to watch for?  (Read 5251 times)

Greenraisin

• See you down life's highway!
Delivery Tomorrow; What to watch for?
« on: March 08, 2005, 07:11:26 pm »
Our Caldera Tahitian is being delivered tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on what I should watch for or watch out for. It will be placed on a 13" high deck built for it. It will be brought from the street, through the side yard into the back yard, a trip of probably 75' or so over relatively smooth, but slightly sloped side yard ground. Temps will be in the low 30s, (yuk), ground a little soft from being wet, and maybe a slight chance of some drizzle.

Electrician to be doing his thing all morning to put in sub panel and wiring...He's already looked things over and is ready to roll.

Any "heads-up"s is appreciated! Can't wait! (It's getting cold standing out here in my trunks waiting!)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 07:12:39 pm by Greenraisin »

Hot Tub Forum

Delivery Tomorrow; What to watch for?
« on: March 08, 2005, 07:11:26 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Delivery Tomorrow; What to watch for?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 07:33:59 pm »
Just check for cabinet or other damage from delivery.
Assuming someone from the dealer will be there to help you get set up and run you thru the operation of the spa.  If it looks to be in good physical condition, and runs correctly, you should be good to go.
Brewman
Brewman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 08:36:19 pm »
Brewman covered it really but one other thing would be to ask how to remove an airlock. Most delivery crews don't wait around for the tub to fill and the electrician to finish wiring it to the tub. Air lock can be common on a new fill so it's good to know where the air release valves are.

I'm assuming they are bringing out chemicals for you. If the delivery crew isn't going to go over the start up and maintenance with you, find out when someone is going to do that. It might not be a bad idea to send a water sample back to the store with them so they can do a complete analysis and give you exact readings of balancing the water that you're going to be using.

Enjoy it and may your water be wet & warm always! ;D

Steve

Greenraisin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 08:50:01 pm »
Since there's a good chance of freezing tomorrow, especially tomorrow night, is there anything I need to do to ensure no damage, especially if, for some reason, the electrician doesn't show or has problems with the hookup?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 09:04:02 pm by Greenraisin »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 10:04:52 pm »
If the electrician doesn't show, don't fill the tub.  Or wait until it warms up above freezing if you are worried about some installation problems.
I'd be really suprised though, if you had anything like that happen, but it's your spa, not mine.  Do what doesn't make you too nervous.

Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 09:21:13 am »
From my own personal experience, watch them like a hawk, but with a smile till they deserve otherwise.

My dealer hired a contractor to do delivery and they were  a couple of clowns.  They drilled a hole in my cover and then said,"Well your going to tear it eventually anyway."
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

poolboy34

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 03:45:24 pm »
If the electrician doesn't show, don't fill the tub.  Or wait until it warms up above freezing if you are worried about some installation problems.
 I'd be really suprised though, if you had anything like that happen, but it's your spa, not mine.  Do what doesn't make you too nervous.

Brewman

This is VERY important!!!!  Because believe it or not, this does happen!!!!!  If you live in an area that gets cold and snow during the winter, very pertenate to NOT fill the tub prior to having the electrical hooked up.  

Greenraisin

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 06:50:59 pm »
Delivered, hooked up, filled, treated, and waiting for the water to get to temperature! Should be able to use it tomorrow morning before work, I hope, and if not quite hot enough, then tomorrow evening for sure! Supposed to have light snow flurries tomorrow night! It's supposed to get down to 15 tonight!

Thanks to all of you for your input, knowledge, and experience!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 07:01:30 pm »
Your about 80 miles south of me, so I am going to guess your water was around 50 degrees when you first powered up so it will probably be ready for a morning dip. With the cold we are expecting tonight, I recommend setting it for 102, and you should have a great morning.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 09:48:06 am »
WELL?

Are you a wetgrape yet? Give us the goods!

:D

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Greenraisin

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 10:31:45 am »
My hands are wrinkled due to set up and all the chemical adjustments, but the whole bod has not gotten in! Too cold last night, (25F outside and water only up to 90F before I had to call it a day), but this evening after work, in the forecasted snow flurries, I WILL christen it and me!

Film at 11! Not really, but I will keep you posted.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 04:33:09 pm »
Congratulations !

Enjoy your new tub. Don't do anything in it I wouldn't do.

(I can forward you a list if you would like....)

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Greenraisin

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 06:10:43 pm »
AWESOME!

Snow flurries, 30 Degrees F, a little windy, and it was AWESOME!

What else can I say? Can't wait to do it again later tonight so I can check out the lights...

Did I mention that it was AWESOME!  Worth the wait!

mhraracing

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 07:42:08 pm »
Congrats !!!!  :D - Your going to LOVE your Tahitian.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 08:33:29 pm »
So...you liked it right?   ;) ;D

Congratulations!  You are in hot water, now!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 08:33:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42