What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No Wet Test The Loungers  :(  (Read 7025 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: No Wet Test The Loungers  :(
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 02:39:16 am »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 02:39:16 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 06:45:21 am »
Ok, so I may not know what I'm talking about...but wouldn't letting someone find out if they float in a lounger give the sales person the angle of getting them into another tub?

One dealer did that for me.  I had tested the lounge models and found them to be very uncomfortable, for me!  She found out what I really liked, then suggested other tubs in her line for me to test, that weren't lounge models.

I appreciated that she was willing to let me pick the best model of spa for me, not just trying to sell the biggest and best (so to speak)!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Russ

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 07:26:38 am »
ask the dealer why. I have an Altamar with a lounger and it's my favorite seat. I don't float and I weigh 155lbs  ::)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 07:54:01 am »
When people do wet test is it usually just the husband and/or wife?  I would think if a whole family comes in, someone will like the lounger.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Cack

• Optima Owner
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 09:13:35 am »
dsegel,

The dealer for Sundance in the Pittsburgh area has several stores...Monroeville, Greensburg, North Hills, South Hills, Cranberry, Robinson, Washington, and Butler.  I know that when I was looking, different stores had different spas available for wet testing.  If one store doesn't have what you're looking for, try another one.

Cack

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 09:41:03 am »
Hey - from a non dealer stand point...I think its kind of ridiculous.

As a dealer - wouldnt you WANT to give your potential buyer the option of trying both types of spas ??

We usually have 3 tubs running, 1 lounge 2 all seats or 1 all seats and 2 loungers.

Yes, we would want you to get the right spa. That said I have lots deals because the wet tester+lounger=float. We have a 30-day in home trial, so absolutley I want the customer to get the right spa...others would just take a different approach.
Homeworks Financing Representative

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 09:45:39 am »
ask the dealer why. I have an Altamar with a lounger and it's my favorite seat. I don't float and I weigh 155lbs  ::)

Its not always weight. For one thing ladies are more likely to float due to bones density and the fact that they are often equipped with Personal Floatation Devices. I find height is a major factor. Take the Chairman II for example. This is a 92"*92" spa with a long form fitting lounge. I find individuals with shorter bodies or even shoter torsos will float depending on whether there knees cradle the apex of the lounge. At 6'3" I fit great. My wife at 5'2" does not and floats in that spot. She is petite and has smaller PFD's. Its all about her height.
Homeworks Financing Representative

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2005, 10:20:49 am »
I like the idea of having both lounger and non-lounger

displayed with and without water. It gives the

perspective buyer the option to sit in either one wet or

dry. As we offer "wet tests" to everyone, we want to

make sure their purchase is correct for them. I would

rather them coming back satisfied. By allowing this, the

customer knows exactly what they're in for.

On another note;  I will re-arrange my showroom to let

a customer soak in a display spa. This is for electrical

purposes.

hottubber  ;D

mhraracing

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2005, 07:38:52 pm »
We usually have 3 tubs running, 1 lounge 2 all seats or 1 all seats and 2 loungers.

Yes, we would want you to get the right spa. That said I have lots deals because the wet tester+lounger=float. We have a 30-day in home trial, so absolutley I want the customer to get the right spa...others would just take a different approach.

And this is why I would buy a New Spa from you and all of the other dealers that would do the same.

Customer Service goes a LONG way - in my book - you show your customer all of THEIR options and let THEM make the decision and you will have a happy customer.

If you push something on them.....your more likely to have a dissatified customer and will not spread a positive word for your company.

Like the age old theory of  - Make someone happy and they will tell 4 people how great you were - Make someone angry and they will tell EVERYBODY they meet how horrilble of an experince they had.

Caldera Geneva Utopia

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2005, 07:38:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42