What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Top 2 Proprietary features of manufactureres  (Read 10063 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Top 2 Proprietary features of manufactureres
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 02:13:05 pm »
In my ammended response, I tried to jot down just the proprietary items - so give me credit for at least trying. And you know me: it was not a cut-and-paste    ;)

Was it that obvious that I cut & pasted? What gave it away? Was it the TM beside the feature names?
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 02:13:05 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 02:41:19 pm »
I've stayed out of this one.  In my line of work "proprietary" isn't neccesarily a good thing. Maybe that's one reason my spa doesn't have anything that would qualify
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

poolboy34

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 03:43:29 pm »
It should be pointed out that having a dealer network is not a proprietary feature of a spa.  Many of the leading manufacturers in our industry have extensive dealer networks that provide exceptional sales, customer service and service to customers.  It can also be said that many of these manufacturers also have a few dealers who, shall we say, leave a lil to be desired in the customer service and service department.................even hot spring, D-1, caldera, sundance, and marquis have a bad apple or two in their network of dealers.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 04:03:10 pm »
You are exactly right poolboy.

Would it make it easier on you guys that are having trouble with the wording, to express the two top features and benefits of your spa?

Understanding that most every manufacturer has something that sets them apart from the rest, it would be this which would be worthy of including. Proprietary doesn't necessarily have a negative aspect to it but instead, it is something that you can offer that most (if not all) other companies can not.

Having great dealers and lots of them is wonderful but most of us have that to varying degrees and therefore it doesn't set you apart or make that manufacturer "better".

Yes, I understand that yours may have more than two features and I get it but if you were selling your spa today and could only list 2 (two) (too) (to) (tue) (tew) features of your spa to the potential customer, what would they be. How's that? ??? ;D

Steve
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 04:06:13 pm by Steve »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 04:07:57 pm »
I would pass.

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 04:11:45 pm »
Figured ya might... ;)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 04:14:48 pm »
You two....
Homeworks Financing Representative

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 04:38:42 pm »
Steve, I think this is a great topic.  Because coming right out and  saying that "the tub I sell is better than the one you are looking at because..."  is frowned upon, this is a great place for the dealers to promote the proprietary features that make their products great.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 04:54:42 pm »
Thanks George. That was the idea. :)

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 05:18:14 pm »
  ARCTIC SPAS

1) HeatLock Insulation  

-  sealed cabinet and floor

2)  CastCore Covers  

- 5 to 4 inch 2lb foam  
             -  Full center baffle
             -  Molded not cut foam inserts     
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 05:23:12 pm by stabone »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 09:11:26 am »
I don't think that I could come up with the "top two proprietary features" for either Marquis or D1.

I had my choices of many brands when I chose these two and if I had to sell based on just a couple of proprietary features, I would have chosen something else.

I don't think one or two things stand out as best, the proprietary features make up the spa along with the non-proprietary ones. Besides, I wouldn't know which two to tell you as none stand out above the rest. D1 holds more patens than any other manufacture and many of them are on their current product.

Marquis doesn't really hammer their proprietary features much but it seems that within 3 years of them doing something proprietary or not many other manufactures follow!

I would be happy to list the features each company claims proprietary and let you pick which is best.

For me it would have to boil down to filtration and structure or something similar.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 09:45:13 am »
I think its the Ford 500 sedan that has "automatic wipers" There is a feature (not sure if it is proprietary or not) that I would never use.) Now maybe if they had an automatic sweeping systemfor the floor, I would love that  ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2005, 10:55:37 am »
This thread doesn't have to be about how the tub you sell is so much better than the rest.  It is about what features the tub has that sets them apart.  It could be anything.  This is not about what manufacturer's features are better, it is about what they have that other tubs don't.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2005, 03:26:19 pm »
Thanks everyone for your input on this.

The reason I did this was point out that most every manufacturer offers something different. If they didn't, those dealers would be selling something that wouldn't give the consumer reasons to buy and they would thank you for your time and ask for your business card as they left. Let's be real here, these are acrylic shells with jets and pumps. Put whatever spin on it you like but as most of us know, the meat & potatoes don't vary a great deal in regards to pumps, acrylic, top side electronics and so on. It's the reason why we try to be different and have proprietary features that in most cases can't be found elsewhere.

Yes, we all want to give the “warm and fuzzy” on how wonderful we are as a company and as dealers but my intension was to delve further than that. I think for the most part we did that and if there are more that want to add to this, it would be helpful I’m sure.

Thanks again all, :)

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2005, 07:03:32 pm »
Yes, we all want to give the “warm and fuzzy” Thanks again all, :)

Steve

??? ??? ???You guys are trying to give me away?! ??? ??? ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2005, 07:03:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42