What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Top 2 Proprietary features of manufactureres  (Read 10060 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Top 2 Proprietary features of manufactureres
« on: March 06, 2005, 01:08:02 pm »
I thought this might be interesting for consumers that come here to see what each manufacturer has for their top 2 main features of their spas.

Being that I have been with Beachcomber and Hydropool, I'll start by listing their's.

BEACHCOMBER

1) Protec - 4 walled complete insulation with the equipment outside of the cabinet under a step.

2) Hush Pump - quiet circulation pump which runs 24 hours a day and filters 42,000 gallons of water per day.

HYDROPOOL HOT TUBS

1) Double thermal lock insulation- combining the benefits of the high r-values of full insulation while addressing the service aspect of access by not foaming around the plumbing for less expensive future repairs if needed.

2) Self Clean System - A self cleaning floor system which allows dirt and debris to be removed from the floor of tub reducing the amount of maintence required while filtering the top and bottom of the water completely every 15 minutes. This entire  system skims the water, pre-filters it, vacuums from the floor, then is ozone treated, then it enters our presurized micro filter and finally sanitized with an automatic chemical inline feeder.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 01:11:38 pm by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

Top 2 Proprietary features of manufactureres
« on: March 06, 2005, 01:08:02 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Top 2 Proprietary features of manufactureres
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 02:49:53 pm »
COLEMAN SPAS
1. Galvalume Steel Frame:
The Galvalume® Steel Frame used in Coleman Spas® units has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building material available. The light-gauge steel frame provides greater structural integrity than wood as well as superior corrosion protection for a much longer life. Unlike wood, steel is dimensionally stable. It will not expand or contract with moisture, which over time can damage the spa's exterior. Sturdy and built to last, the inorganic properties will never rot, warp, split or crack and eliminate worries of animal infestation or termite damage. Stronger, more durable and ideal for the environment - it's the obvious choice for a lifetime of worry-free fun
2)Physician Designed Zone Therapy™
Whether diminishing the stresses of everyday life, healing sports injuries, relieving aching joints and stiff muscles due to arthritis or simply helping to achieve a good night's sleep - your Coleman Spas® hot tub is well prepared to reach that destination with Physician designed Zone Therapy™. Zone Therapy™ utilizes strategically positioned jets to target specific pain zones that contain muscular trigger points. More jets doesn't necessarily mean a more effective massage. Precisely locating the correct size jet and massaging action where it matters most is the key to bringing total relaxation and soothing relief throughout the entire body.

Dimension 1 Spas
1.NexkFlex™ Jet Pillow      
 The first and only height-adjustable neck jet pillow.

Patented design provides the ultimate in comfort
5 height positions allows for a wide range of users
Curved pillow cradles your neck
Up to 4 adjustable jets; water volume and nozzle angle

2. Dynamic Massage Sequencer  
   The world’s first programmable hydrotherapy lounge. Take control of your massage with the following features:.

Isolates pump power to 6 specific therapy zones
Digital control panel with active therapy display
Pause control allows user to target pain areas
Speed control adjusts sequence time up or down
Silent valve operation

Homeworks Financing Representative

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 04:10:38 pm »
 HotSpring:

1. Having more and better features than any other spa on the market.
2. Having more and better  dealers  than any other spa on the market.

It would be virtually impossible to answer this question. To make my point, I'll pick a handfull or two of the features not found on other tubs, or at least found on very few other tubs.

Obviously, every spa on the market has features - but not all of the features translate to benefits for every consumer.

HotSpring has spas with the "MotoMassage jet." It is a wonderful jet, but not everyone likes it. There is nothing like it on the market - and a couple of our models now have the MotoSP - the dual Moto. But we have models without the Moto simply for the fact that it is not for everybody.

HS has a jet called the "Soothing Seven." It is designed to be mellow jet which you can sit in front of for extended lengths of time. Always mounted in pairs, the Soothing Seven has been the answer to many people's search for a jet which gives a gentle yet thorough massage without feeling like it is poking, prodding or peeling the skin off.

HS has great insulation. Without opening up the Thermal Pane Versus Full Foam issue, let me say that HotSpring spas are among the least expensive tubs on the market when it comes to operating costs.

HS has great filtration. They don't bypass the filters, even when the jets are on. This removes suction fittings from the bathing area. It also makes it easy to keep the water fresh and clean.

HS has very good non-wood siding.

HS has never had wood near the lip of the tub. No horizontal surfaces to catch and hold water....

HS has a titanium heater with a five-year no-fault warranty.

HS - Tiger River tubs have Stainless Steel heaters, with the same no-fualt warranty.

HS tubs are among some of the most comfortable tubs I have sat in - this is obviously something the consumer should discover for themselves with a wet test. Very subjective - which is why I worded it exactly the way I did.

HS tubs have simple, dependable digital controls. Set the temp and forget it. No programming, planning or thinking on your part. The spa does the rest. Always hot and ready to enjoy.

HS tubs have a circ pump which runs continuously. This allows for constant flow of ozone - if you choose to add this to your tub - and constant filtration and movement of the water if you don't. The benefits afforded by having the water constantly in motion and constantly at the same temperature - even in the heater itself - result in lower operating costs overall, and generally an easier job keeping the water fresh and clean.

HS has a large variety of jet types. Our HP models have small, medium, large, extra-large and then specialty jets (mentioned above). The small and large jets can be changed easily to be: open (gentle) spinner (more intesne but not itchy) and directional nozzle (very penetrating and effective for deep-tissue massage when you want it).

HS tubs have LED lighting. They were among the first to offer this - and now you get color-changing lighting standard on all HS models, and available on Tiger River tubs as an option. This color-changing feature coordinates with some of the:

Water features - HS offers two different water features on different models, and Tiger River has a sheet-type fountain on it's largest model. These are all backlit, some will change color with the tub's main lighting unit to create a spectacular backyard attratction.

HS offers a completely unique sound system. There is nothing exactly like it on the market. It is built for this single purpose: not using any components borrowed from the marine industry or the automotive industry. HS is not the only company using transducers in this application, but they do back it with enough power to really work well - well over 300 watts per channel.

HS offers a waterproof remote. This item is available for other tubs, but the programming of our unit will automatically incorporate the EQ and Volume control of the Spaudio system if installed, and will report on the temp of your spa before you ever set foot outside. It also controls many of the spa's hidden features, such as the summer timer and a one-touch system shutdown to shut off all the fountains, jets, lights and sound system when you are ready to head in for the evening.

HS offers custom-designed cover lifters which attach to metal plates incorporated into the covers. The plates are there in all our covers, and our various different lifting systems utulitize them in different ways, but the end result is a lift which is easy to work, lasts and lasts, and has the minimum mechanism hanging off your spa.

Mulitple-layer foam, sealed bottom, pressure treated lumber where we have real wood, accurate digital temp control, very good warranty, Tri-X filters, CD ozone system with a large, long-lasting chamber that doesn't require maintenence, I could go on, but the board is telling me this post is too long as it is.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 01:08:42 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 04:54:41 pm »
I thought we would do this to help consumers, not mislead them... ;D Any real features you would like to add Chas, you are more than welcome to do so if you can play nice. :P

Steve

poolboy34

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 05:25:17 pm »
DIMENSION ONE SPAS:

1.) Ultra-pure Water Managment system.  Provides 24 hr filtration and ozonation.  Has patented 2 stage mixing chambers to virtually eliminate any off-gasing of ozone into the spa area.  When used in combination with the optional Vision sanitizing cartridge can almost eliminate the need for the use of chlorine on a regular basis.

2.) Neck-Flex jet pillow.  Patented height adjustable head pillow that provides hydrotherapy to the neck and upper shoulder muscles.  Jets are fully adjustable at the jet face.

CALDERA SPAS:

1.) Foot Ridge.  Gives users a place to rest their against to lock them in the seats to prevent floating.

2.) Spa-glo lighting.  Provides internal and external LED lighting for a more enhanced spa experience.  

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Spas Dealer

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 06:48:56 pm »
HotSpring:

1. Having more and better features than any other spa on the market.
2. Having more and better  dealers  than any other spa on the market.

;)

Marquis:
1.  Having more excellent features than any other spa in the Universe.
2. Having more excellent dealers than any other spa in the universe.  

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 08:22:28 pm »
Chas & Rocket,
Let's help users like me who are about to buy their 1st spa and state something useful about the brands you carry.
Thank you,

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

rick

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 08:27:41 pm »
Last year when I was shopping for my spa, i ran into Caldera's website and thought it was the coolest looking thing, with the exterior lights and all, and really wanted to see one bad, but there was no Caldera dealer in the area at the time
Last night, i just got back from the Home and Garden show and there were 12, count them 12 spa dealers there with there wares.   I finally got to see a Caldera and a D1 up close.  They both look cool as hell.  
My Coleman also has exterior lighting but it's just a ring of white lights running along the bottom.  Not quite as Caldera's.  I love those step lights

spatexport

• Am I crazy, or is it just me?
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 11:01:46 pm »
All seriousness aside -

Cxldxra Spas

1.  You don't need to worry about accidentally leaving jet pump plumbing gate valves closed because there aren't any.   ;)

1a.  The flashing TEMP message is easily cleared by replacing the entire system pack.   :o

2.  The power connections are simple.    :P

That was fun.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 11:08:11 pm by ifishskies »

spatexport

• Am I crazy, or is it just me?
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 11:06:50 pm »

Actually, the two top features of most hot tubs are:

1. Hot water.

2. Hot water container.

"What if the hokey-pokey isn't what it's all about?"

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 11:23:10 pm »
It's really too bad. This topic had the potential to really help the average consumer compare the top features of an assortment of different brands.

I'm all for a good laugh but at least follow up your witty posts with something helpful.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 01:14:49 am »
Chas & Rocket,
Let's help users like me who are about to buy their 1st spa and state something useful about the brands you carry.
Thank you,Phil
Sorry Phil, I didn't mean to shine you or other shoppers on. I have spent the past few years answering this question here and on other boards. HotSpring - the brand I sell - is feature rich. They have some of the finest designs I have had the pleasure of selling and servicing.

But a list here doesn't really do justice to the tubs or to you - because you may read about something here and go to the dealer only to find out it just doesn't appeal to you, or doesn't translate from feature to benefit for you and your family.

But go to the HS web site, and the web site of other tubs you are looking at. Download a copy of the warranty, if you can.

Look at specs and try to figure out if the company has been round a couple of decades or more.

Look for either UL or ETL listing, good insulation, and then grab your towell and suit and let's take some wet tests.

I re-wrote my answer above, look it over and see if any of the features I mentioned sound interesting enough for a deeper look.

;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 02:06:09 am »
Thanks for the infomercial Chas and I apprecaite you sharing your entire presentation with us in full. Top 2 was all I was looking for though. :-/ ;)

I need to be more clear in my subjet lines I guess. ;D

Steve
(I'll be right back...I gotta cut & paste Hydropools website! ;) )
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 02:08:51 am by Steve »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 09:29:22 am »
Steve,

Sorry bud, but as I said in my reply to Phil, HotSpring has many features which I would consider "top."  If I put down Moto Massage and choice of Energy Efficient and High Powered spas, I may very well remove HotSpring from consideration by folks who have the idea that these two items are not of interest to them.

Any good tub is a sum of it's parts. It is a combination of features and the buyer who ends up owning it has had to make decisions as to which of those features translate into benefits to them. Take the color-changing light feature: I'm sure all of us dealers have had people who thought this was 'fluff,' and others who bought because they couldn't choose a shell color and this was a way to have more than one shell color.

In my first respone, I actually did a good job of answering because the dealer network is very important. The fact that our tubs do in fact have a huge list of features is also important because it makes it easier to shop: you aren't buying a tub because you love the 'widget' even though you would rather not have the 'gromet flinger' which is also standard on all the units. That answer was also very accurate if you think about it - most of us have urged shoppers to look for tubs carefully enough to select those with the features they like - and you can't do that if they don't offer a wide variety. Also, I have heard very few folks on this board downplay the importance of a good local dealer.

In my ammended response, I tried to jot down just the proprietary items - so give me credit for at least trying. And you know me: it was not a cut-and-paste    ;)

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 12:17:58 pm »
Sundance:

1)Bearingless jets

2)Micro-filter filtration

These are the two proprietary faeatures of Sundance that I find to be at the top.  Although I feel that Sundance has many strong features, these are the two that would put Sundance at the top of the list for me.

George

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 12:17:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42