What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Eco-One?  (Read 1907 times)

Gair

Eco-One?
« on: March 05, 2005, 03:16:30 pm »
I need to know if we can use just dichlor with the Eco-One system as the sanitizer as well as for the weekly shock.  We can not use MPS because of allergies.  Also what is the difference between Eco-One and Spa Perfect they both sound like the same thing? I am getting ready for a water change.  8)

Hot Tub Forum

Eco-One?
« on: March 05, 2005, 03:16:30 pm »

Gair

Help anyone use Eco-One?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 06:57:46 pm »
I need to know if we can use just dichlor with the Eco-One system as the sanitizer as well as for the weekly shock.  We can not use MPS because of allergies.  Also what is the difference between Eco-One and Spa Perfect they both sound like the same thing? I am getting ready for a water change.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Eco-One?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 08:07:24 pm »
Gair,

I contacted the Eco One people and it seems that you can use dichlor with it.

Here's their response (directly from their email to me):

'Shocking with DiChlor is actually the preferred method for killing bacteria. However, you may want to use the non-chlorine shock occasionally in order to use up and oxidize any inactive chlorine in the system. Only shock with DiChlor AFTER using the tub or if you’re not going to use it for a day or two. Shocking with DiChlor will also get rid of cloudy water. Be careful not to shock to heavily and be sure to test the water before getting back in.'

I wrote to them after hearing that Eco One may help keep your skin moisturized. I may try it after the one month "Chas' Law" of changing the water on a new tub. I may also just use moisturizer if my family develops dry skin.

Hope this helps!

Vinny

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Eco-One?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 08:07:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42