What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Outside Pump?  (Read 7487 times)

poolboy34

Re: Outside Pump?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 03:42:43 pm »
ok.....call me crazy, or just not well informed...but most GOOD manufacturers have an Equipment compartment/shroud that seperates all the main boards, pumps, circ pump, heater, etc from the rest of the spa for easy access.  So please tell me how having this outside of the spa is any more advantageous????

Also, are the steps that the equipment is under on the PDC spas attached to the spa????  I don't recall ever seeing a picture of a PDC spa without steps.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 03:42:43 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 04:01:01 pm »
ok.....call me crazy, .

Ok, you asked for it

Jason you're crazy!!!!!

HTM 8)
Homeworks Financing Representative

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 04:48:52 pm »
So please tell me how having this outside of the spa is any more advantageous????

The only advantage I see is it allows you to fully foam all 4 sides rather than 3 or 3½. Its a decent idea though separating the equipment into its own housing outside the spa may worry some people regarding freezing.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 04:55:29 pm »

The only advantage I see is it allows you to fully foam all 4 sides rather than 3 or 3½. Its a decent idea though separating the equipment into its own housing outside the spa may worry some people regarding freezing.

I used to encounter this fear a great deal as a Beachcomber dealer. I for one do not see much difference between having the equipment behind a wall panel vs. inside a step. Most "doors" to the equipment area have virtually no insulation, if any. Most of them also have ventalation slits.

The Beachcomber Protec step on the other hand actually does have insulation inside it. This move was done mostly for marketing to help lessen the fears of consumers regarding freezing. One true benefit was that the insulation offered a sound deafening effect.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 04:55:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42