What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Testing revisited  (Read 6152 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Wet Testing revisited
« on: March 08, 2005, 03:17:31 pm »
We all know its a common topic here, right Lori?  As mentioned numerous times, I didn't wet test when I bought, but it worked out ok for me.

We have heard stories from consumers that stores wouldn't allow wet testing.  We have heard here from dealers about the logistics of wet testing from thier point of view and how they try to handle it.

Any of our friendly dealers here not allow it?  Are there any guidelines that come down from the Manufacturer or is this a dealer decision to make?

How about you Bullfrog dealers?  I've mentioned several times, for awhile, there was no local dealer here. I've also mentioned that I have never seen one of thier spas, and I don't speak for or against it, just that I find the concept interesting.   This is one spa I would definitely have to wet test before buying. (And I might love it)

I didn't mean to take this topic specifically to Bull Frog, so feel free to add anything regarding the topic.  Having had my tub two years now and not likely to change anytime soon, and becoming moderator here, I'd almost like to wet test a bunch of different tubs just for the experience and see what so many of you are enjoying.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Wet Testing revisited
« on: March 08, 2005, 03:17:31 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
Re: Wet Testing revisited
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 03:19:55 pm »
Sometimes when I make a statement I wonder if it will slip by or one of the resident "smart aleks" will zing me.  So before you post, no I'm not going to the fair and wet testing everything in my speedo.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 03:28:50 pm »
Bill...

That is our only requirement that you wear a speedo ...well for you anyway ... ;)...It is funny no matter how many times you read  about wet testing and we encourage people who come into our showroom to do so......very very and let me just say again very few do...we have 4 spas set to wet test 2 in a somewhat private room yet we have had fewer than 5 people do so....

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 03:30:03 pm »
You are right, Bill!

I never would have dreamed to even ask to wet test, if it hadn't been for the good folks on this (and Doc's site).

All of my dealers allowed it, as they even had to fill specific tubs for me to test!  Which, I'm glad I did.  If I had based the purchase on price alone, I'd be forever floating in a Jacuzzi!  LOL!!!

(Nothing against Jacuzzi, my body didn't want to stay in the seats, any seat, not just the lounge!)

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

PoolToSpa

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 03:37:45 pm »
It's me the BullFrog dealer.....And we encourage people to wet test.  I think its even more important to do so in a BullFrog then other spas because its a new concept.  I know some other BullFrog dealers say you dont need to because if you get it home and you dont like one of the jetpaks then they can just switch it out for them.   When someone wet tests they always buy from us.  I think its a win win deal     :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 03:41:44 pm by PoolToSpa »

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 03:38:55 pm »
We highly encourage wet testing.  As we currently carry 3 lines of spas and will soon be adding a fourth.  It helps differentiate the lines.  we offer testing before, during and after store hours, but we do require that the test is scheduled so that a member of our sales team is present to assist the customer.  Mendo is spot on as always.  The reality of this matter is that very very very few customers wet test prior to purchasing.  I would say maybe 1 out of every 10 spa buyers does.  And that might be stretching it.  We usually have anywhere from 4-6 models that filled and ready for testing.  Neither of our showrooms has a lot of privacy so we usually try to encourage customers to test before or after store hours.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 04:00:24 pm »
We insist on a wet test. With over 500 units sold a year, I'll bet we don't get 10% of our prospects to wet test. I guess their already sold, no need.
I do encourage a wet test for everyone, some people just don't feel it's neccessary. ;D

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 04:28:45 pm »
So, when I was wet testing my many tubs 2 years ago one of the salesman told us about 2 woman who wet tested.  They came out in their robes,  took them off and .....no suits.  They supposedly tested 3 or 4 tubs over the next hour then set down and negotiated a price on the one they like in the nude.  Any chance this is true or it a dream of every salesman?

zzaphod42

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 04:36:57 pm »
Speaking as a young(er) man, and meaning no disrespect to my current or future customers, that would NOT be my ideal dream. I have no desire to see anyone my mother's age walking around in the nude.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 04:51:40 pm »
LMAO! ;D

At my age, we call 'em soccer Mom's :D

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 05:02:22 pm »
when i started looking to replace our old spa back in dec, i thought the rep at our local HS dealer was kidding when she said come back, bring our suits and we could climb right in. after reading info here, decided it was a must. nearly every dealer we asked was more than accomodating and most even offered to open early or stay late for more privacy. did multiple tests in marquis and caldera, and single tests in many others
i can echo above thoughts.... price alone, probably would have a marquis sa euphoria. wet test said caldera niagra. only about $500 more but gonna be worth it!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 05:13:02 pm »
i can echo above thoughts.... price alone, probably would have a marquis sa euphoria. wet test said caldera niagra. only about $500 more but gonna be worth it!!

Here's something that shows what a wet test can do....I had a deposit down on a Caldera Niagara with the understanding that I could after wet testing cancel if I did not like the tub...Well I wet tested it and knew right away it was not the spa for "me" ...which lead to me to do more research and more shopping which in turn lead me to becoming a dealer for Marquis...had I enjoyed the wet test of the Niagara I would be in a different profession right now...but it shows how much it does matter as Kent's experience was the exact opposite of mine in testing the very same 2 spas.....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 05:14:59 pm »
We insist on a wet test. With over 500 units sold a year, I'll bet we don't get 10% of our prospects to wet test. I guess their already sold, no need.
I do encourage a wet test for everyone, some people just don't feel it's neccessary. ;D

Even though we had built a new store which included a fantastic wet test room when I worked for Beachcomber, I would say less than 5% actually took advantage of it. I summized that they just felt so darn comfortable with me, the spa would be also! ;D

Steve

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 10:17:13 pm »
 ;) :o :-* :-* :-*
LMAO! ;D

At my age, we call 'em soccer Mom's :D

At my age, we call them d@@m good negotiaters. ::)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 08:11:40 am »
Speaking as a young(er) man, and meaning no disrespect to my current or future customers, that would NOT be my ideal dream. I have no desire to see anyone my mother's age walking around in the nude.  

This gives me an idea for a word that might need to be added to the banned list. Well it hasn't come up yet and the word is not a part of a larger word that we would use commonly like spoon.

Ok, nevermind.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 08:11:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42