What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stargazing last night - saw ???  (Read 2859 times)

mhraracing

Stargazing last night - saw ???
« on: March 06, 2005, 10:01:13 am »
Hi all .....I was wondering if you would help us identify what my wife and I saw in the sky last night. Now before you make all kinds of jokes...I know what jets/planes/shooting stars look like when flying through the sky......but last night while relaxing in our spa - we saw a 'object' moving from the southeast sky across to the northeast sky. We saw the first one at around 7:30....it was a steady light - not blinking at all - maintained a steady speed right across the night sky. The light was really high....way higher then all the major jets that fly over....so I thought that was weird...but then 15 mins later - we saw another one flying in the same direction and location.....and then another one right after that one. These objects left no tell tale sign of 'afterburner' clouds.....just moved silently across the sky.

My first thought that these are satillites.....can you see satillites with the naked eye ?? But they were moving really fast. Faster then the earths rotation....and faster then Jets.

My second thought is that they were military U-2 bombers ?? or whatever new high range high altitude bombers they have now.

Or third ??....UFO's ????

Dont make fun of me.....I am sure there is an explanation for these....but I dont know how to search the web to find out ??

Caldera Geneva Utopia

Hot Tub Forum

Stargazing last night - saw ???
« on: March 06, 2005, 10:01:13 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Stargazing last night - saw ???
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 10:28:32 am »
They sound like satelites to me.  It might even have been the spacestation, but I didn't check its orbit last night.  Frequently before heading out to the tub, or deciding when to go I reference. http://www.heavens-above.com/  I don't remember if you can look back in time on their site. What part of the country are you in again?

Last night the Spacestation did make a SE pass through our Ohio sky at 7:40 There are also spy satelites that travel in "packs"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 10:32:52 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 10:29:24 am »
My husband counts the satellites that fly over every time he is in the tub!  I never see what he sees!  At least without the telescope!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Satillites
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 12:05:22 pm »
Because of the speed they cant be identified as planets-Because of the regularity of their trajectory and steady illumination, they arent meteors or comets. Pretty sure what you saw were satillites-There would be no vapor trail since they neither have jet engines nor are they travelling through Earths atmosphere.

mhraracing

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 07:20:39 pm »
Thanks all - I thought it may have been satillites...but wasnt sure.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 08:49:20 pm »
I think they were the evil spa contaminating aliens circling an open spa like buzzards looking for low sanitizer concentration to zap a spa with "folliculitis" or "white water mold"!

Thank goodness your already experienced and have your defenses up! ;) ;D 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 08:49:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42