What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis discontinued the Euphoria  (Read 11059 times)

Elle

• Underpromise; overdeliver.
Marquis discontinued the Euphoria
« on: March 03, 2005, 07:33:44 pm »
I just found this out.  We decided to go ahead and order a new spa to exchange our faulty one.  We got a call from Marquis telingl us that they no longer offer the Euphoria.  We are going to go with the 2005 Euphoria SA.  I hope we like it as well as our original Euphoria.
Interestingly enough, the guy from Marquis said that the original Euphoria was just no up to snuff with the Marquis line.  They've had too many issues with it.

I must admit that Marquis has turned out to be a great company to work with.

Elle

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis discontinued the Euphoria
« on: March 03, 2005, 07:33:44 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Marquis discontinued the Euphoria
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 07:51:58 pm »
You will be pleasantly surprised with the SA! No whirlpool but more HK40 jets in seat locations…

Elle

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 07:53:26 pm »
You will be pleasantly surprised with the SA! No whirlpool but more HK40 jets in seat locations…

I'm looking forward to it.  Thanks.

Elle

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 08:08:57 pm »

I'm looking forward to it.  Thanks.

Elle

As I've said all along with your issues, I'm here to help if you need me…

I would love to talk to your dealer if you ever want to PM me with their info before your new delivery and make sure they do everything right to alleviate any other issues.

Ruby did this when she had her pump issue and I called the dealership, the dealer and Ruby both appreciated it. I’ve seen some things through the forums, with the contacts I keep and the large number of spas I’ve sold that others may not have and that can be a plus.

Ruby’s dealer was working hard at doing the right thing by her but was unaware of some of the symptoms that the motor caused so they made more trips then they needed to likewise I also called the factory and we found that a fairly new tech at the factory was unaware of some of the field issues so we improved that also. The more we all communicate to work towards issues on any brand the better we all get!

BTW, just so you and anyone else reading this knows. Marquis was one of many companies that were caught up in a sudden change by suppliers buying cheaper componants. Many other companies are still dealing with the issues yet Marquis got to the heart of it fairly quick.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 10:06:05 pm »
I am a big fan of the Euphoria over the SA. They are different and each has its strengths. The SA is a great tub as well.

...though the Silver Aniversary Euphoria was their 2004 offering so I don't think it will be a "2005"
e

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 12:02:22 am »
I have an 04 Euphoria with not one issue.

What issues is Marquis speaking about? ???

Would you care to share?

I would like to be aware of potential problems.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 12:30:28 am »
I must admit that Marquis has turned out to be a great company to work with.

Elle

Good for you. This leads to a point that I've always preached to people who buy based on price from makers with less than stellar reputations for Quality and Warranty service. They very often justify their purchase with statements such as "ALL spa makers have customers that have issues". The REAL point is that while this is true, the Marquis, Hot springs, Caldera, Sundance, D1, Jacuzzi, ... owners can rest assured that IF they do get into a situation where their spa develops a serious issue the manufacturer will stand behind their product far better and far more often than many of the middle of the road spa makers.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 02:13:10 am »
I am unsure also about what the story is with the Euphoria and problems none at all that I know of...... the SA spa is more like other spas than the standard Euphoria which  had a very unique feature that was its post area and offered almost endless ways for people to get threapy....it was however something that really had to be shown to people for them to see the ways to take advantage of it...I think that newer SA version works better for those who simply want to get into their spa and sit down in the same way you would in most other spas without taking advantage of the post......
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 02:16:51 am by Mendocino101 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 08:10:33 am »
Elle,

Its been good to read your reports, thanks for following up with us.  I'm sure Marquis will be receiving a refresher in how valuable customer loyalty can be.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
;DRe: Marquis discontinued the Euphoria
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 08:19:20 am »
Euphoria issues ??? Having sold many off these over the past few years, I don't think we had one service issue. The reason they discontinued it was to bring in their new model, The EPIC.
This model will replace the Euphoria as we knew it.
Issues? Very few with this product line. ;D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
Re:  ;DRe: Marquis discontinued the Euphoria
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 11:10:11 am »
Euphoria issues ??? Having sold many off these over the past few years, I don't think we had one service issue. The reason they discontinued it was to bring in their new model, The EPIC.

There are no issues specific to the Euphoria. This issue was again a vendor issue on some the Marquis that is rectified and if you had the issue you would have seen it within the first month of operation.

The motor manufacture went to a cheaper winding with less copper; this caused the motor to overheat and also seemed to create spikes in the system.

It seemed to be more prevalent in the higher altitudes and the error messages that it gave pointed towards a sensor or even a board. Many dealers that had it happen sporadic changed, sensors, boards and even heaters before finding the problem. It was way outside the norm of a Marquis and quite frankly, we all do so little service on Marquis spas that we weren't used to issues like this.

Two to three years ago Balboa instruments sent out a batch of bad sensors that were causing similar issues. Marquis sent packages of sensors out to each dealer and told them to look for any spa that had the old style in it and replace it. They didn't all fail; it had to do with not strengthing the wires at the connection to the sensor with some sort of strain relief. Because this was probably the last and only service call that most dealers went on it was naturally the path they took when they saw an OHH reading.

Marquis is one of the most proactive and honest manufactures that I have ever dealt with on warranty issues. I have found that even larger companies I’ve worked with over the years replace a common item for years that fails without correcting the issue. You can rest assured that if 5 or more Marquis have a similar issue in a month nationwide, someone will be looking into it immediately and correcting things in production with a plan in place to retrofit any that are in the field. That’s my kind of company!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re:  ;DRe: Marquis discontinued the Euphoria
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 11:11:40 am »

From what I understand the SA Euphoria will actually be sticking around...The New "Epic" spa that was going to replace it will instead be another choice...from what I understand the shell design of the Euphoria is so popular that they decided to keep it instead of replacing it....but hey all that could change.....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:13:08 am by Mendocino101 »

Elle

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 06:18:19 pm »
I have an 04 Euphoria with not one issue.

What issues is Marquis speaking about? ???

Would you care to share?

I would like to be aware of potential problems.

I didn't know they had any issues either.  The direct quote from Marquis (and if you're curious I can get the man's name...dh has it in our file) was, "The Euphoria has been discontinued because it was not up to snuff with the rest of the Marquis line."  If you go to the Marquis web site you will see that it is no longer listed.

My dealer has sold many Euphorias.  Tthe Euphoria and the Reward were the most popular in their line of spas.  We were the FIRST and ONLY customers to experience warranty issues.  Lucky for them.  Unlucky for us...although, as I wrote earlier, they have really  stepped up their customer service game for us.  Now that we have the attention of the dealership owner we have been VERY pleased.

For what it is worth, I think Stuart is dead on right about the suppliers being the issue.  I've thought that all along.

Elle

Elle

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 06:20:04 pm »
I am a big fan of the Euphoria over the SA. They are different and each has its strengths. The SA is a great tub as well.

...though the Silver Aniversary Euphoria was their 2004 offering so I don't think it will be a "2005"

That's weird because Marquis said that we would be getting a 2005 Euphoria SA.  Maybe they didn't make any changes, but they are calling it a 2005 only because it was built in 2005?? Curious.

Elle

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 07:25:29 pm »
Your probably getting a 2005 Euphoria SA...

I would Love to get the guys name! :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 07:25:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42