What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Tahitian Utopia prices  (Read 10203 times)

omni2377

Re: Caldera Tahitian Utopia prices
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 02:12:00 am »
That is ok, it is probably the dealer I'm talking to.
They told me today their final offer on the Tahitian is $7775. Still thinking it out...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 02:12:00 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 11:01:27 am »
Sometimes their final offer means the price won't go down but if you're still looking for more you could go another route like saying "OK, but how about $100 in free chemicals to finalize the deal" of "How about a spare filter and a $50 in chems", etc.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2005, 12:58:09 am »
thats what i did, thanx to lots of good info here. got extra filter, jets, spa blanket, chem's, and store $50 credit to close deal(on top of steps, cover lifter, etc.....
i am very pleased with purchase, feel i good a good value, and dealer made some money. hey, he needs to if i expect him to be around long term to provide great service LOL ;D ;D
is it just me ? or are there a lot of virginians buying new tubs on here? i 've noticed several posts from central Va, and i am down here at the oceanfront (VA Beach) myself (well actually more like 5.5 miles inland) does this mean we really see the value in relaxation? or that we are REALLY STRESSED out ??

omni2377

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2005, 02:59:54 am »
Can't say for everyone, but it is because I am stressed out!

That, and I enjoy relaxing.  :)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2005, 04:57:29 am »
Can't say for everyone, but it is because I am stressed out!

That, and I enjoy relaxing.  :)

Have you wet tested the Caldera and the D1?

At the price your being offered the Chairman for you would be nuts not to jump on it!

Wet test you will see that there is absolutly no comparison for the money!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2005, 01:20:24 pm »
Stuart is correct. Often people are torn between 2 or 3 spas and when they wet test they find that one of their choices stands above the rest and makes the decision easy.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 07:01:18 pm »
i totally agree that is a great price on the d-1, and its a great product, BUT, we prefer the caldera ourselves, and yes we wet tested several, including d-1.
funny how things work out. you pros may find this hard to believe... but the quality of the dealer made a big difference. ;) ;D ;)
the d-1 rep informed me as soon as i walked in that their store has been there over 20 years and they only carry the best. d-1, great lakes, and LA spas. GL and LA may be good products, but i would hardly call them the best.
i told him i had already wet tested jacuzzi prem, caldera, and marquis. i asked about the "true" horsepower, and what about flow rates on d-1 pumps. (140-180 gpms seems to cover most manufactures)
i felt like i stepped onto the stage at hee haw. he proceeded to call across the showroom into an open office, "hey mike, whats the flow rate on the d-1 pumps?" "mike" wasnt sure, but had a short discussion with the other 2 people in the office and replied(i quote)" he's not exactly sure, but its very good flow rate, to run all those jets". he only had a couple with water in them, and when i asked about wet testing an LA HEET, he wasnt sure when tht could be filled ( (had one dry on the floor). i liked the looks of the HEET until i saw the $11 k price on it. $11k???? for an la spa??

poolboy34

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2005, 10:31:39 pm »
 :-[ Glad i don't work for that dealer...........very unprofessional IMO.  If they wanted the flow rates of the pumps, D-1 lists them on their website.  And, they point them out in their sales training seminars as well.........guess they weren't taking good notes............

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2005, 10:31:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42