What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Summer Usage?  (Read 6928 times)

jnk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Summer Usage?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2005, 02:26:01 pm »
I've called my Marquis dealer, who told me that Marquis tubs no longer have pillows.  She said the chemicals deteriorate them, and that they can be costly to replace.  I was just wondering if any of you with other brands that do have pillows have had any problems with them.  I asked the HS dealer this same question and she said that they have not had a problem with this.  Pillows v. no pillows?  What do you think? Or is this not a major issue? :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2005, 02:26:01 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2005, 02:32:09 pm »
HS redesigned it's pillows a couple of years ago, and they are now lasting much longer and showing less chemical attack.

They are also much less snuggly-wuggly, but that may very well be a personal issue.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

jnk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2005, 02:50:17 pm »
One more question.  The two HS dealers near me currently have the Envoy filled for wet tests, but not the Sovereign.  After reading all the posts, I don't want to buy without wet testing all the models I am considering.  Do dealers fill different models at different times?  Is it too much to ask of a dealer to do this.  These spas aren't cheap, and I certainly don't want to make a mistake regarding this purchase.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 03:54:43 pm by jnk »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2005, 04:53:48 pm »
Ask.

I do it for folks all the time.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2005, 06:31:59 pm »
One more question.  The two HS dealers near me currently have the Envoy filled for wet tests, but not the Sovereign.  After reading all the posts, I don't want to buy without wet testing all the models I am considering.  Do dealers fill different models at different times?  Is it too much to ask of a dealer to do this.  These spas aren't cheap, and I certainly don't want to make a mistake regarding this purchase.

My local HS dealer was not the cheapest in price but they treated me like a king. They would fill any tub and have it ready in a 24 hour notice.

So you’re right there not cheap and I would insist on a wet test.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2005, 06:57:11 pm »
All of the dealers I visited had to fill at least one tub for me to test!

Ask, I'm sure they will fill the Sovereign.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 08:24:31 pm »

Not all dealers will do this at the drop of a hat but don't hesitate to ask. It's not a simple process to fill a spa, hook up electrical and then the real work of emptying it out when finished and cleaning it out to get it back to a dry floor model status as you need to get ALL the water back out.  It helps if the dealer thinks you are a serious customer as if they think you're doing it out of curiosity they'll be more reluctant due to the work involved.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 08:24:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42